Opions on DVD Players or Recorders that will play a DVD+R DL Disk

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mittimmit, Sep 16, 2005.

1. mittimmit

mittimmit Member

I have been using DVD X Copy for years now to "backup" my dvd collection and just got into the world of DL Discs (which x Copy does not support). Finally the backup programs support the discs and they have come down in price substancally. I esp like 1 Click DVD Copy (very nice program) It has done 5 movies flawlessly...hard to tell which was the orignal...Thank god it had a lbal on it :).
    Anyway...I have the Sony DRD-GX7 but it does not playthe DL discs....So I am looking for you opions for the one that are out there.

thank you in advance...Tim

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Does the Sony play store bought movies? Because they are on DL discs.
    If your burner supports bitsetting (booktyping), you can set the DL disc to burn as a DVD-Rom, and I'll bet the Sony will play it then.
    My folks have a player that won't play a +R or-R dvd. But I booktyped a +R to be a DVD Rom, and it played flawlessly.................
    Good luck!

3. mittimmit

mittimmit Member

Where would I find the bitsetting (booktyping) to turn it on?

4. JVC

JVC Active member

5. mittimmit

mittimmit Member

I ended up using DVD Decrypted and Nero to change the bookmarking....That worked great on my Samsung DVD = VHS Combo my Sony RDR-GX7 would not play it....I thought it would be the exact oppositeā€¦Thank you for steering me in the right direction!!!!