OPPO / BBK / Winbase DV971

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Thuyner, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Thuyner

Thuyner Member

Hello.

Now it's 5 months since I bought my BBK DV971, and it has worked pretty good all the time. But the player has some problems that are very annoying, and I have read that a new firmware will fix some of it.

So, I've contacted the manufacturer so they could mail me the new firmware, but they haven't answered yet.
    Here in Sweden, the name of the manufacturer is "BBK".
    Then I found out that the player doesen't have the same name in the USA.
    Where you live, the name is "Oppo", and the players look the same. Exactly the same. Then I read that there is another homepage where the name is "WinBase", but I haven't seen it myself.

SOOOOoooo, I've contacted both the Swedish BBK and the American Oppo, but they haven't answered yet, and I'm in quite a hurry...
    (I've asked for the new firmwares.)

At Oppo's homepage, www.oppodigital.com , under "support", I found the latest firmware to the Oppo DV971H player.
    Now I wounder if I acn use that firmware to my regular DV971..?
    I don't want anything to screw up...

On a Swedish page, a guy wrote that he didn't think the Oppo DV971H firmware would work with BBK DV971, because Oppo... has a Farouja chipset, or something like that, and the DV971 without DVI didn't.

What do YOU think?
    Does anyone have the firmware I need?

Thank you / Thuyner
    [ Excuse my English - I'm from Sweden ]

2. cologne1

cologne1 Member

3. Thuyner

Thuyner Member

- None taken =)
    I found out that DV971 and DV971H does not have the same chipsets, and the H-firmware doesn't work with DV971...

But now the men at bbk in sweden are back in action, and the first day after the vacation they sent me the firmware i needed.
    So now everything works perfectly, and the player can now play Ogg Vorbis too! I think that's very cool, even if I almost never use it...
    The player seems to work much better than before, but it can not play some kinds of XviD-coded movies. I don't know what's wrong, but it has probably to do with both sound and video to do, because the synchronization don't work in some movies...

Thank you very much for answering, and I'll check out the
    links you gave me!