1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p2p security??

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Dela, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Wizz

Wizz Member

lol....share networks won't last very long if everybody followed your advice...and shared fake files.I mean WTF?

Read the post previous to yours...It's a SHARE network,to download something you dont have,somebody else SHARED it....that's the fcking point...lol.

You are what's know as a LEECHER....you wanna suck the free files,take take take...and no give.

If you want to share just with your mate,burn it on a disk and give him it..lol.

And if your mates got a file that you want,where did he get it from?Somebody take a train and dropped it off at his house..lol,..no, he downloaded it on a SHARE network..because somebody else [bold]SHARED IT[/bold]

I mean, do you get it?Has the penny dropped..?

I only share with my mates too....but i have three and a half milion of them..lol.

Look....if your all going to be shitty arses and pee your pants in fear of getting a letter...DON'T bother sharing,just leech away until the network is dead...then the RIAA have won already.

Leave the Superdooper Rock hard people like me ..lol,to take on the big boys.

2. hairyfrog

hairyfrog Member

Well, thx for your <RANT> it was great to read. 8D

That post is as from a legal point of view... ie, what if...., etc.

If you read the post carefully, you'll probably come to understand that it's aimed at ppl who are a bit shakey at the thought of sharing. It would seem obvious to many advanced sharers that this isn't the way to SHARE, and so wouldn't even bother with this advice AND would also UNDERSTAND that it is aimed at real NEWBIE P2P sharers.

Of course I share with others than my mates, and yes we all have 3.5 mln mates. But, I'm certainly not going to say who, or what, or why.

You really are calling the wrong person a LEECHER. And, I certainly know what they are, and can spot them miles off.

I am NOT going to announce to the whole world who I share with, what I share, and what I have on my system, or on CD, etc.

So, in repsonse to your question.... Has the PENNY dropped with you, too?

Hope this helps.

8D
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]---------------
    Something I found one day...
    http://www.happyhenrik.dk/spas/prut.swf

:-D[/small]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  3. Wizz

Wizz Member

Well...it was more the case of me,pissing myself laughing than a rant..

No...this is the worst thing you can do to a network...it clogs it up with useless hashes,its bad advice whether a noob is shitting himself or not.

Great :)...advise them to leech and ...er..not share?
    Do you work for the RIAA or what?lol.

Only share with your mates?..this isn't a game of Trumps..;p

lol....What's the point of creating fake files,the folder mayswell be empty,unless your looking for credits to increase your leeching.C'mon...jees.

ha,ha,ha...i'm going to have to change my pants shortly.

DO NOT allow people to see your share's...respect your own privacy and do not incriminate yourself by allowing someone to poke around your HD.

Unless your sharing 500mb txt files that is...lol.

Is because the offence is distribution not downloading.
    You were caught distributing copyrighted data and allowing anyone to see your share folder....and unlucky.lol.

If you've already thought of this scenario,then your filling your tracky bottoms with brown stuff already,and should cry off sick,as to leave the filesharing to the MEN.

Ok Hairyfrog...just a bit of fun..;p

If you want to advise people to leech and ruin networks with fake files,you destroy the network anyway,and the RIAA don't even have to bat a ball.

Now,has the penny dropped yet?

4. amtm

amtm Guest

i have to add something to this thread to get started software firewall sux you need a good router with nat funtion on top of that make sure you don't use the default ports switch them up then set up your port fowarding with the ports that you are using IE tcp udp then you need to download portowall and then blocklist manager make sure its up dated on a daily basis and protowall ip filter is incorpated in the options so it gets updated all the time now protowall will run as a service and take up hardly no resources what so ever I'm not knocking peerguridan but I've been using protwall for ever and have not had a problem hope this help just my 2 cents l8ter

5. amtm

amtm Guest

i have to add something to this thread to get started software firewall sux you need a good router with nat funtion on top of that make sure you don't use the default ports switch them up then set up your port fowarding with the ports that you are using IE tcp udp then you need to download portowall and then blocklist manager make sure its up dated on a daily basis and protowall ip filter is incorpated in the options so it gets updated all the time now protowall will run as a service and take up hardly no resources what so ever I'm not knocking peerguridan but I've been using protwall for ever and have not had a problem hope this help just my 2 cents l8ter

6. Ishahmael

Ishahmael Member

Questions:
    1. I have a router. What security does that provide? I was told I don't need to have a software firewall (been using the built in firewall from service pack 2 for Windows XP) because the router's hardware firewall just makes it redundant. Should I shut off my Windows Xp firewall?
    2. Does torrents/azureus leave you open to identification and tracking by the RIAA and MPAA or whoever? I am aware of safepeer for azureus from the bluetack web site, which apparently works similar to peergaurdian except specific for azureus.
    3. What about mIRC, is using that any more private? Are mIRC or torrents/azureus any better for privacy than more commonly used kazaa or emule/edonkey

7. chaoz

chaoz Member

Does the RIAA and MPAA track you if you download files off IRC.

8. ag22

ag22 Regular member

P2Ps are dead guys. IRCs are bascially impossible to trac since they are hard to get into, and your ip address doesnt tell a damn thing. The IRAA can not track IRCs, and even if they figure out how they will have a hell of a time. Hard cord DLers belong to 3 IRCs. Each one has 50,000 people in it. Theres prolly 500,000 IRCs. They will have to trac 25 million users down. Impossible. These numbers are just guesses, well not even guesses, these numbers are BS, but do you think the IRAA is going to pay $50 a month for each IRC? They have no chance. P2P may be dead, but IRC is just getting started. Let the war continue! :-D

9. pero

pero Member

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I Have an App which you can use to change your IP. I use it every time I download something. I hope It's doing it's Job lol. I have PeerGuardian, but It's like what everyone says, It's Not Totally Secure. I Guess There's no way to feel totally safe. Not yet Anyway.

-Mike.

PS. How Is Annoynomous File-Sharing Going atm? Is It Worth A Try?

11. larytet

larytet Member

some ideas related to Anonymity (projetc on Source Forge)
    http://i'manidiot.net/ edited by ddp

i tried anonx - my company firewall blocks access to the web site (thanks WebSense). this is just one of the long list of problems with proxy servers

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  12. numbertwo

numbertwo Member

Has anybody here tried Proxy services like Anonymizer, Secure tunnel or Steganos Internet Anonym Pro. These programs bouce your Connection off of a Proxy Service so the enemy only sees the proxy address and not yours. I found this method gets around geo location that stop's content from going outside of specific arias.

Any Idea's
    Reply St