1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P2P users are nothing but common criminals!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Piledrive, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

Hey Darthnip,
    Thanks for the post on my forum. I promise I will send you a cd when it's ready. Email me your address. I'm not sure what Piledrive's problem is but maybe it is Lars. I noticed the posts stopped once they started the Sanitarium tour :)
    Bill

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

LOL!!!! finally a brother that believes as i do!! Lars, yer days are numbered, time to jump back on the lucky charms box. Bill, i sure will get my address to you, and definately do what I promised. Rock on brother, let yer fingers do the walkin'_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

rod.Liquidirc.com #ad_buddies

[/small]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

ok so maybe it is lars but judging by the way piledrive speaks (well types but u know what i mean) it doesnt seem like it to me :) Maybe though just Maybe ;-)

4. darthnip

I am in no way at all a religious man but...oh lord..please let piledrive be lars....

5. Dela

lmfao!!!!!!!! u really hate lars dont u!! u hate him sooooo damn much ;-) respect! lol

6. darthnip

i seriously do, i hate him for changing the way we all looked at metallica. from "dont pay more than $5.98 for this cd" (garage days) to "screw you fans, gimme that money". yes i hate him

7. Dela

Well you dont stand alone in that one Darth I assure you of that, I stand right beside you. When I think metallica I think of them Before the black album as great and after as BLAHHHHHHHHHHH!

8. darthnip

to me, it wasn't metallica after cliff died. just like it aint pink floyd without roger waters.

9. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

Hey Darthnip,
    Love the Marilyn Manson qoute in your signature.
    Dela email me your addy and I'll send you a cd too. but you have to be cool like Darthnip and spread it to as many people as you can :)
    You guys are too cool!!!

10. Dela

Geez man I live all the way over here in Ireland where it is cold, but we do have a good postal service which would explain why i got the aD tee-shirt from finland before a few guys who lived a few miles away ;-) tehehe

And I will spread your music around, I'll start with my new sig :). _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.BillLonero.com - Check out a true artists music!

aD Channel on IRC: Server: rod.liquidirc.com channel: #ad_buddies

[/small]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  11. darthnip

damn dela, now thats cool man (sig), i'm gonna do it too so we can help this cool cat out. hey I dont have an aD t-shirt!!! hint hint!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

rod.Liquidirc.com #ad_buddies

[/small]

12. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

Wow! You guys are waaaaaay too cool!! Thanks. I really appreciate you guys doing that. I will definitely be sending you guys out a cd.
    I still need your address though Dela.
    Thanks again
    Bill

13. Dela

Yep i know bill but em, u said email it, should i PM you with it or whaa?? cause i aint got a damn clue what ur address is lol_X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.BillLonero.com - Check out a true artists music!

aD Channel on IRC: Server: rod.liquidirc.com channel: #ad_buddies

[/small]

14. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

Hey guys,
    I thought I would add a couple of songs for you here to listen to. You can either stream them or download them. Honestly though the downloads sounds better ;)

The first one is called Heart of the Soul it's my foray into Latin/Cuban playing. I wanted to write somthing that would make a thorazine patient want to get up and groove!
    (download)http://www.BillLonero.com/Songs/Heart_of_the_Soul.mp3
    (stream)http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/apr/lonero/heart_of_the_soul_ref.mov

The next one is a more of a rock tune. It's called Cyberotic.
    (Stream) http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jul/lonero/cyberotic_ref.mov
    (Download)
    http://www.BillLonero.com/Songs/Cyberotic.mp3

The streams require QuickTime to listen to.

They both feature Stu Hamm on bass from Joe Satriani and Gigi Gonaway on drums from Mariah Carey.

If you like them great please spread them around. If not well....that sucks then :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.BillLonero.com[/small]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2003
  15. Dela

lmao, ill check em out man as soon as i get all my thread update emails cleared ;-)

16. ken760ca

ken760ca Member

Some of us ARE musicians and we are happy to see the revolution. Think about it, the way the industry has been setup is so that a few overrated few get millions of dollars while the rest of the ones that have the true talent has to make due with crumbs from local shows. MP3.com started a new revolution and even though now they have been corrupted by the industry, there will be new sites to take its place.

You ask us how can we rip off the artists? Well let me ask you this, how can the record companies rip off EVERYONE!?!?!?!? Including us, the consumer as well as the artists who only get very little percentage and still have to pay part of publishing and distributing fees, not to mention a million other small fees. ITS MODERN DAY SLAVERY!!!! Its a load of crap and you are just another poor innocent blind and brainwashed soul.

The revolution is upon us and DOWN WITH BIG RECORD BUSINESS!!!! Broadband internet is making a new home for retail. P2P will be banned someday (atleast in america) and the laws will be rewritten. But it will not come until after online subscription has taken the place of the big bad wolf known better as american record industry.

Another win for the good guys!!!

Another thing, look at what governments and big bussinesses do, full of corruption and you are protecting them and pointing your finger at me because I download a few stupid songs???? YOU GOT IT ALL MIXED UP!!!!

17. Dela

p2p CANNOT be banned because, it is simply connecting to other computers and transfering files, you would have to ban the internet!

18. zoelamb

zoelamb Member

Dela I think this is Bills e-mail address I looked up on his web page bill@billlonero.com and by the way I am a newbie here and really like this forum. Thank you for being a moderator. Zoe

19. Dela

Yep I know I have been in contact with Bill a bit lately, he's cool, welcome to the forum :)

20. Ooma

Ooma Member

Some thoughts relevant and otherwise :p

I've just spent my Sunday reading through all these posts, the last hour or so this one and was very disappointed not to find the real identity of piledriver - although judging by the name I suspect his music is not the type I would want to download let alone purchase ;-)

My first reply (post) was in response to a search for problems with ALBW files and the tracks being all the same. So now that we have verified I have .mp3 files on my hard drive I think I should tackle this problem of my/this community being a 'thief/thieves'. I guess in the broadest sense I am, although I would not contemplate coshing an old lady to procure funds for my ever growing cd collection. Society has 'laws' - presumably to 'protect the innocent' from those *unable* to live within a natural or moralistic order. When those 'laws' are based purely on financial principals they cannot (imho) be considered just. In this case I feel myself justified to step outside of those laws...although unfortunately the dictators...errr...'ruling-classes' who create these laws might not agree with me ;-)

I have a cd collection of upwards of 500 cds, but I live in rented accomodation, am I to blame the music industries high prices for the fact I am unable to afford a house? ;-) In the same way for the industry to blame P2P on apparently decreasing sales is ridiculous. Many of these cds have been purchased on the strength of hearing these artists via P2P.

Since posting my first message at about 1pm here (complaining about having to sign up to reply...sorry!), I've been reading these forums and following links until now (nearly 7pm). Most interesting were the 'security' thread and the Bill Lonero page. The page of the Guitarist I followed the link from Dela's sig.
    "Heart of the Soul" is great! Makes me want to dance and I haven't even had a beer yet ;-)
    Also I was impressed with Guitarist's attitude in the above posts. I share this flat with two musicians, one of whom has just released his first album in Italy. He gave me a promotional copy. I liked it so much I ripped a track and put it on a game forum off-topic that I used to frequent. I felt 'guilty' about doing this and told him one night while drinking at a bar..."You're going to hate me but...". His response was "Hey! Great! Thank you very much, you're a good friend!" (In Italian :) ). Not what I expected, but like Guitarist's attitude above so very different from piledriver's. My friend, as is Guitarist, is a true musician - you can tell the quality of their work by listening...it's far from just strumming...which I suspect of piledriver (I do think he should expose himself, so to speak, so we 'criminals' can judge his musical ability for ourselves) :)

The security thread was very interesting too...especially as Telecom Italia and even the Italian police had ips in the list! I guess if I want my work permit renewed I'd better install Peerguardian! ;-)

Oh gotta go, the Mule has just finished downloading Janis Joplin's Boxed set. As I don't think my buying her cd's are going to help her much now here's one in the eye to the RIAA.... pfffft.

edit - err...how do I get rid of the Nero link in Bill's name? lol

Last edited: Aug 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.