1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P2P users are nothing but common criminals!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Piledrive, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately Yes I know that and then the net will have no purpose, only another product of major industries. But whats new?

2. ibanez

ibanez Guest

Hi Bill, I listened to your songs, pretty cool man. How did you get hooked up with Stu Hamm? I'm a big Satriani fan and I'd love to play with Stu, that would be awesome. Does he play with you live or was it just for the album?

Thanks,

Chuck

3. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

Hi Chuck,
    Thanks I'm glad you liked the songs. Stu is a great guy and an awesome player. He and I have a mutual friend that asked Stu if he would be interested in playing on the cd. He listened to some of the demos and agreed to do it.
    What I really liked was all of the tracks were recorded with no cutting and pasting. They were recorded pretty much as you hear them.
    By the way the new cd "Slather" will be available within the next 2 weeks. Also if you are attending NAMM in January I will be playing at the Peavey Booth on Friday.
    Thanks again and take care
    Bill
    www.BillLonero.com

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

CRAP!! I am still hopeful that one of these email alerts for this thread will be piledrive!! oooh the anticipation hehe

5. ibanez

ibanez Guest

Bill,

I noticed that when I go to www.joesatriani.com it takes me to your website, I emailed you to ask you what the purpose of taking Joe's name and directing it to your site. You haven't replaied to my second email so your probably just ignoring me now. I think your answer of protecting Satriani from people that want to take his domain for exploiting is BS. If you wanted to protect his domain, then why do you make it point to your website? Don't you think your reaking the benefits of someone else? Somehow I don't feel that you have offered Joe's team that domain name back.

Even as a fan, I don't see why it is at your best interest to "Protect" Joe from exploiters, if it did happen to him, which seems like this is the case, then I'm sure he's well prepared to take care of it for himself.

I don't mean to bash on you or anything but I'm always honest when it comes to relationships with other musicians and I just don't feel your doing Joe any justice.

Here's the reaply from Bill after I asked about Joe's link pointing to his website:

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for signing the guestbook and posting on AfterDawn, which I replied too. Anyways I wanted to answer your question regarding JoeSatriani.com

First I want to say I am a fan of Joe’s and I respect him very much (who doesn’t). The main reason why I bought the domain was to protect him from someone squatting on it and extorting money from him. I don’t want anything from him at all. I have spoken with him and met him on several occasions and told him that it is his if he wants it. I am just waiting for him to give me the info on who to transfer it to.

There are people out there that buy domains for the sole purpose of extorting money, I am not one of them. Basically this is my way of giving Joe back something for all the years of great music. He has been trying to get this name for 10 years now so it’s about time he gets it.

Thanks again

Bill

My conclusion is that I still don't understand why he needs to have it go to his website instead of just making it a dead link or something, or better yet, make it point to Joe's real website. Something fishy here, don't you think guys?

Chuck

6. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

I explained myself once and I don't need to explain it again. I am not going to apologize for owning Joe's name. Why should I? If Microsoft.com became available and you had the opportunity to buy it can you honestly tell me you wouldn't?
    That is it that is all I am going to say on the subject. If you don't like it don't type it.
    By the way this is between Joe and I and it is no one else's business!

7. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

I explained myself once and I don't need to explain it again. I am not going to apologize for owning Joe's name. Why should I? If Microsoft.com became available and you had the opportunity to buy it can you honestly tell me you wouldn't?
    That is it that is all I am going to say on the subject. If you don't like it don't type it.

8. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

9. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

10. ibanez

ibanez Guest

Well Bill, unfortunately after that answer, I really don't want anything to do with you. You told me in your email that you did it to protect Joe which I knew was a flat out lie, and now your changing your answer saying that if Microsoft was available why wouldn't you buy it, of course for your sole purpose of making money. This is exactly what your doing to Joe on a smaller scale. I'm a big supporter of Joe and it's too bad that you would do this to him after saying that you respect him.

Chuck

11. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

?????

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  12. grufus

grufus Member

you know chuck you have a lot of questions I have one for you. What the fusk is it any of your business what bill does with that domain? you seem like a very angry little man that doesn't know how to keep his nose out of other people's shit. obviously joe doesn't want his name that bad cause if he did he probably would have registered it first to begin with. stop being such a baby and if you don't like it don't type it.
    as for me i could care less who owns who's domain. it's the music that counts first and foremost. personally i have heard bill's music and i like it. is the fact that he owns the domain going to stop me from listening to him? no!
    time to grow up my friend and get on with your life. by the way regarding the remark about microsoft.com.....i would buy it too. but just because he said that doesn't mean he is going to extort from joe. amazing how you think you are able to judge someone's character by a domain name. tell me chuck what do you know about me?

13. ibanez

ibanez Guest

You sound just like Bill, I wouldn't be surprised if you are him:) Kinda the same character.

Bill, I noticed that you edited my post on your guestbook, you shouldn't edit other peoples posts, then you deleted it all together. If you feel your doing nothing wrong, then you shouldn't have deleted my post. I didn't say anything bad about you and it was a civilzed post, all I siad is that I was surprised that I landed on your website when I really wanted to go to Joe's site.

Chuck

14. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

closed, another thread ruined by stupid off topic posting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.