partition chaos...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hugo28, Dec 4, 2005.

1. hugo28

hugo28 Member

hiho,

after installing evox with the auto installer everything works fine - I also use Avalaunch linked to my Qwix software.

But...

there seems to be some problem with the partitions on my standard, original MS (I think 20gigs) harddisk. Partitions c: (500MB) and e: (5GB) are working but partitions f: and g: I cannot use - I cannot add new folders, I cannot upload any games - always get the message that some errors occurred during the operation.

Then I also have 2 other partitions x: and y: with each 750MB - which I also cannot use!

I feel like some one stole 15GB ?

Any solutions?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

uasly your f and g folders wont be avilable with the orignal Xbox HDD installed. (Xbox HDD only have 10 to 12 GIG) They will become active if you upgrade to a larger HDD.

At least that was the situation for me. I could only save games to the E: folder cause F: and G: wasnt activated didnt have space alocated to it cause it was a small orignal Xbox HDD(10gig HDD).

Once I upgraded to my 300gig HDD then F: and G: was activated cause they had space alocated to them.