1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching Guide For WAVE4 Game to WAVE3

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sicdude, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Weasrock

Weasrock Regular member

Yes, it now works..the problem is not dragging the enitre system update folder to usb. also, even when burning the system update folder to disc it wasn't working..not sure why..thanks for ur help!

2. nora999

nora999 Member

tried usb method taking files out of $SystemUpdate file and placing files onto root usb wont boot off usb usb stick wouldn't fit in 360 so used a fly lead dont think this made difference then burn the game without patching as i read it should install update this way no wont work tried burning update to cdr wont work i have applied both patches in abgx do u have to patch with ppomatic v14 15 as well as patching in abgx any help whould be great i just want get wave 4 working so i can play new cod i dont want to pay do get firmware upgraded till firmware settles down just payed to update up to 1.51 lol

3. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

glad to hear you got it working :)

you need to place the $SystemUpdate folder on the root of your usb stick, put the usb stick into your xbox and start/restart your console.

you don't need to use the ppfomatic if you're firmware is 1.51.

if your consoles drive isn't hitachi then it won't see the unpatched wave 4 game as a game, it will think it's a dvd, so you won't be able to update that way.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

hey dude really need answer to this.
    i have xbox 360 with lite-on drive 1.5 ixtreme. is there any way i can play tekken 6 on it. i dont care about live. i just want to play it offline. ANWAY i can play it on my xbox.
    plz replyyyyyy to my question.

5. nora999

nora999 Member

hi wat do u mean place file on root usb stick copied $SystemUpdate folder onto usb then tried just using files themselves my usb stick would fit in 360 so used cable will this make a differnce still wouldnt update tried everything its really pissing me off lol

6. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

you can use the ppfomatic v14-15 to play tekken 6, this will also get you banned.

What do you mean the usb stick won't fit you're xbox?, there are 2 usb ports on the front of your xbox

7. nora999

nora999 Member

hi still cant get this dam thing to work wat files do i copy the $SystemUpdate file on tekken 6 disk or the dashboard 2.0.8955.0 October 23, 2009 from the link on the tut do i take the files out of the systemupdate folder or drag whole folder i just copy paste to usb stick stick is formated fat32 should it be fat still no joy on this thanks for pointing out 2 usbs on front was using one on back with fly lead dont use usb v often lol any help

8. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

you need the $SystemUpdate folder from the dashboard 2.0.8955.0 October 23, 2009 from the link, place the folder on the root of your usb stick, insert the usb stick and restart the console, should start the update automatically.

9. nora999

nora999 Member

hi took dashboard 2.0.8955.0 October 23, 2009 $SystemUpdate file placed on usb stick no root on stick just click on my computer as external drive copied pasted defo wont boot update tried format to fat and fat32 defo wont boot am i doing something wrong must be me lol there is only 1 file inside systemupdate file this is it su20076000_00000000 will it update if i hire wave 4 game on use this to boot cheers

10. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

yeah if you have trouble updating with usb and cd just rent/hire a wave 4 game to do the update, cars race o rama, tekken 6, madagasca karts, csi deadly intent are all wave 4, not sure if any of these have been released in stores yet, you'll have to google that yourself :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  11. eman12b

eman12b Member

doesnt work...

[​IMG]

as u can see, i dont have the part that it says "starting manual patch"
    i did everything exactly like the tutorial says
    what should i do?????

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  12. nickyjo

nickyjo Member

i have the same problem like eman12b. the manual patching does not start

13. brethart8

brethart8 Member

i have the same problem pls help

14. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

All of you that can't get it to work, Patch with ppf-o-matic, but dont worry cause you will only be doing this so abgx will be confused and accept your video and pfi files. After u patch with ppf-o-matic just do what the guide says it will work like a charm,

15. nora999

nora999 Member

hi got this working in the end you need to to install update from the link in the tut the last update u must put it on a usb stick format it fat32 you need systemupdate folder drag this on usb put in front usb port turn 360 off will ask you to install update tried burning update to cd dosnt work you can also patch with ppfomatic using v14 v15 patch and it works google it but if you use tut and patch with abgx tekken 6 has now been verified if i set abgx to auto fix will it fix it if its in abgx database and is it safe for xbox live or will i get banned also is it better to patch with abgx or use ppfomatic and if i update to 1.61 for samsung drives is it safe for xbox live cheers the peps in the guide that cant get abgx to patch u need to apply pfi and video and wait it takes few minutes to patch then says press any key then run through abgx and its says ok

16. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

no this isn't safe for xbox live

17. BliZZard9

BliZZard9 Member

What does the system update on console have to do with abgx working properly (manual patch)?

I have been able to get it to patch by first using the ppf-o-matic patch THEN running agbx as described. But when I check the final outcome, the first 4 lines of the verification check are red. Is this OK for offline play?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  18. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

okay the patching is very successful but i have a question, is there a way i can undo the process so it's originally wave 4 again?

19. 700club

700club Member

Hey Thanks for posting this info Sicdude, I never heard of this method before. I wont be going on XBL ever again and dont feel like paying a local to Flash my drive again so this may be the method I use. Currently using the activate iso but I have a feeling thats going to get old quick. I cant flash my own drive because all my computers are Macs.

20. 700club

700club Member

Update

Just used this guide to patch MW2 and it worked perfectly the first time. Thanks again Sicdude!