1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay Programs "Clonedvd 2+ Anydvd vs Freeware "DVDFab Decrypter" etc.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by aabbccdd, Sep 6, 2006.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well I'll not lie like ZoSO, I'll plead stupidity- I didn't know about it because I've never seen the need to do that and I don't use Clone much-basically just episodals and the occassional ones Recode won't do. If I had 2 discs for everyone I backed up, I'd have over 2200 burnt discs and 1100 originals. Storage has become a problem as it is. LOL

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Very few movies, IMO, come out each year that warrant a complete copy, i.e., using split discs, or a dl disc. Therefore, additional discs would be minimal in number for me.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

My most used programs are RB/CCE and Nero Express. I rip mostly with RI4M or DVDFab HD Decrypter. Not every release needs the RB, so that's where DVDCopy comes in. DVDCopy 6 Plus is an upgrade of DVDCopy five. The program adds more features. I'm not being a Corel-InterVideo fanboy. As bbmayo pointed out, there was some significant testing that went on here at AD that showed DVDCopy 5 had an edge on the other transcoders. So, I don't appear to be alone in singing it's praises. Plus 6 just added more features and simplified the interface. For transcoding, it's not only one of the best, it's also one of the fastest.

LOCOENG... If you haven't tried it, Corel has a long trial that's full function. If you like nice programs, you should like DVDCopy 6.

Someone mentioned PAL-NTSC conversion, which is the big difference between some of the regions, i.e. R1 and R2. That's more of a problem than the region codes, which are easily bypassed by most decryption software. Copy 6 will do DivX conversions in both, but if you put in a PAL DVD, it wants to transcode in the same format. Having a universal player allows a PAL video to be viewed on a NTSC monitor, but the aspect ration will be off. It has to have either a universal monitor, or a matching monitor to view the format properly. I've only needed to do a PAL-NTSC conversion a couple of times over the past years. I've done a few extras for pratice. Nero Vision and ConvertXtoDVD are a couple of good conversion programs to handle the PAL-NTSC conversions. It's no big deal. Just open the software and check the desired output.

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

anydvd updated today , had no problem doing the new releases

The Kingdom
    Rush Hour3
    Ball Of Fury
    Halloween
    The Simpsons

5. riggs0008

riggs0008 Member

I have been using freeware programs for some time now and i decided to purchase anydvd and clone dvd2 i bought it on dec. 30 to take advantage of the sale they were having and since i purchased the software i have had 35 charges on my credit card that are not mine for online games subscriptions my queston is how reliable is slysoft? Or has any one else had this problem when purchasing from them?

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

slysoft is very reliable and we never hear about anyone having a problem with billing. you can email them about the charges. are you sure its slysoft charging for the online games? i bet you have another problem somewhere else or call you CC company bank etc

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Slysoft very reliable-never have seen mention of any CC problems associated with them here or any place. I would not hesitate to use my CC with them again if need rose.

8. frbernard

frbernard Regular member

I have used slysoft products for at least five years and found them to be very reliable, even when losing the license key. I just don't think they would allow your cc information to travel.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Could some of the poor souls at Slysoft have been loading up on the games for Christmas? They've been selling the software so cheap they've been losing money and not paying the help enough. They've finally had to raise the price. LOL

10. grovery3

grovery3 Member

Hi all. After reading this thread I checked out the DVD Copy 6 that you guys suggested. The free trial is awesome and I'm ready to give it a shot, but I have a quick question first! I couldn't find any info as to whether the program lets you customize the DVD (Video_TS folder) like say, CloneDVD. I think that the quality transcoder sounds great, but can I customize the settings such as taking out some extras/audio tracks, but keep the menu functionality? Thanks in advance-

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I'm pretty sure you can check under the options tab

another option is to use DVD Rebuilder there is a freeware version and a pay version and it does an outstanding job

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

word of warning all dvdfab decrypter may not be freeware after May 8th by the way it looking.dvdfab is following slysofts play book and switching to the euro so if yur thinking about buying do it brfore May 8th

13. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

are u positive about that?
    :(

14. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Positive? About the price going up...YES. About whether or not a free version will always be available after the 8th? No.

Suspicious...yes, and rightly so.

There are no clear cut answers yet; except the price of the pay versions (Gold and Platinum) are going up. The new price isn't public yet, at least in nothing i've seen. Someone correct me if they've heard something.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

TBH, I think the Fab team would be smart to keep a free ripper that is crippled with the full feature options. If people use and like the free version I would think they would be more apt to purchase the full version being as the ripper is a good a product as it is. If they abandon DVDFab HD Decrypter I would suspect their sales might drop a bit. Who knows what will happen though, it seems a bit strange that this is being all hush hush and suspect that nothing will change except the price of the pay products they offer.

16. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I hope that's all that changes.

The hush hush thing is part of what's got everyone talking.

If fengtao and crew would just go public with the whole thing, all the in's and out's...there'd be a lot less babble and confusion.

17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I think if they would go public with their plans the die hard free users wouldn't make that purchase (some may and some may not), but then there will probably be alot of pissed off die hards that only purchased the product because of the fear of not having a free version to use if it is in fact still available after May 8th. Who knows, it's only a week away...we shall see what happens then I guess.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

AH, but those of us who bought AnyDVD way back when-few $$, are not disturbed at all by this news. It would be a shame if a free program goes by the way side tho. JM2C

19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Yeah, i guess all will be answered in a week or so. My motivation to purchase was not knowing the future of the free app, and not wanting to pay big bucks if the free version were to cease it's constantly free and updated existence.

Also, i just plain wanted to give something back. I'd been thinking about that for a while anyway when all of this was formally announced.
    It only sped up the process a wee bit.

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the smart thing to do is buy dvdfab platinum before May 8th