1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay Programs "Clonedvd 2+ Anydvd vs Freeware "DVDFab Decrypter" etc.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by aabbccdd, Sep 6, 2006.

1. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I did already.

What about you? I know you said you were going to. You pick it up yet?

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'll buy only if AnyDVD quits working.

3. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I agree with the garmon big time, with slysoft so far see no need for anything else, was so glad I also did my purchase with $$ before they went with the euro.

4. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Let's hope that the DVDFabHD is still free or there will be a lot of disappointed users. Or people buy it for fear of having no more free version. The split and customize mode and the mobile options can be done using other freewares.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yup i bought it a few days ago and i'm not sorry i did!

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Me either...even though most of those extra features are things i'll rarely, if ever use, i love the program.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok DVDFab Platinum is a good program, however for just a few $$ more you can buy Cinema Craft Encoder (Basic) and use DVDRebuilder. This is by far a much better method to backup your DVD's with superb quality. So if you can only afford one program to buy then the best place to spend the money would be on CCE. Of course thats just my opinion, but I can assure you anyone that has used DVDRB will for sure tell you that the quality is far better. I would just suggest if your gonna spend that kind of money then you may as well spend it on a good encoder instead of a transcoder. :)

DVDFab Platinum $50
    CCE Basic $58 + DVDRB Basic Free
    If you have some extra $$ laying around the get DVDRB pro for $30

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hey there bbmayo, hope you're well.
    As to DVD-RB, yup, i bought the Pro version, one of the best software purchases i've ever made, though i mainly use the (free) HC encoder with it. I did buy DVDFab Platinum too, but that was mainly because i'd been using the free stuff for so long i felt it was time to pay back a bit (i only use Fab for normal movie ripping), don't need all the other features in Platinum.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@bbmayo

Good to see you around again. Would the CCE Basic($58) still require a ripper like anydvd or dvdfab to get the dvdv to HDD or will it rip also? I know I should be encoding instead of transcoding with Recode. I have AnyDVD and will it's ripper be adequate for CCE Basic encoder + DVDRB Basic? Have you made a guide? LOL

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

garmoon - LOL re the guides, indeed, i think most people will always associate bbmayo with guides, forever more :)

i just use DVDFab as my default ripper, then point DVD-RB to the folders.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thanks creaky- I still have printed guides of his, I think,of how to use Shrink, which I sought out, when DVDXcopy crapped out. LOL

12. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back bbmayo... :)

I agree completely, but I think the biggest fear here is that the free ripper will no longer be available. Even though DVDRB puts the transcoders to shame quality wise we will still need a way of getting the data to the program to have something to work with. R4M is still effective on most titles, but how long will that last? That leaves only one other option with AnyDVD which is also a pay program...one way or another if the free ripper isn't available, most of us are going to have to pony up some change and buy a ripper.

13. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Last week I bought dvdfab plat 5.0 and last year Anydvd. Both b4 the price hike. I use them interchangeably when the other has a hicup with a disc.

14. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Hey it's good to see you posting bbmayo.

I suffered kind of the same fear that LOCO expressed, namely the lack of a free ripper. Quality wise i know CCE puts the spank on the transcoder's most normally use.

I'll have to think about making that my next software purchase.

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well Well, it sure is nice to be missed :) Anyway I haven't really went anywhere I just haven't posted to much, but I have been keeping my eye on you creaky old pal.. LOL

Well that was answered for you already but just to be sure yes you will still need something to get around the encryption. I mostly just use ANY DVD to rip my movies anymore. Thats only because they seem to update quicker than DVDFab decrypter otherwise DVD FD will probably rip faster.

Working on one as we speak old buddy :) I am probably going to make my guide using the pro version of rebuilder though as there are already several great guides here for using DVDRB Basic.

Also as creaky has stated you don't really need to purchase CCE at all you could get by using the free encoders provided with DVD RB (they are still better than any trans-coder) HC encoder is actually a very good encoder probably pretty darn close to CCE in overall quality the biggest difference between the two is that CCE is faster at encoding. Then that doesn't really matter because you can just set up DVDRB to do numerous movies all at once and then start it just before you go to bed then come back in the morning to completed movies ready for burning. :)

Hey bro nice to see you around here still too. Believe me you will not be disappointed in buying DVDRB Pro, but you can try out DVDRB Basic for free just to see if it's your cup of tee. It isn't a 1 click process which is what prevent's most from using the program. However it really isn't that difficult to use either once you get the hang of it.

Cheers all

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  16. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

looking forward to the new guides bbmayo, good to see you

17. JVC

JVC Active member

Where are your guides now, bbmayo?
    The site in your signature hasn't worked for me for a long time. I use to send a bunch of people to them.......... :eek:)
    Glad you're posting some more.

18. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I'll probably spend some time messing around with it this weekend. I've never minded proggies that aren't one-click so that's no big deal to me; good quality however is.

19. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I noticed that I will get my site up and running this weekend just been to busy to keep up with it lately..

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: May 4, 2008