PC KEEPS RE-BOOTING!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pinkerton, Oct 29, 2003.

1. pinkerton

pinkerton Member

Hello my pc keeps rebooting when i siwtch it on, it gets to the boot screen and then just keeps rebooting! This to me seems like my BIOS is dead. But I havent changed any settings. Sometimes it doesnt boot up at all just makes the usual sounds then cuts off (as if the power fails) I like to think I have a good understanding of PC but this just baffles me (and yes all the cables are pluged in properly).

Cheers

-seb

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Goto BIOS, disable the QUICK post/boot/whatever and turn on any memory checking features you got. Boot up and let it do a thoroough check of the memory.

3. bird1234

bird1234 Member

There is a possiblity of the power supply dying. If you have a multimeter handy use that to test to make sure your PSU is still supplying the correct amount of power. Another thing is to put another PSU in it. If you don't have either one of those and you try to tip above, and still no success, it might be the motherboard.

4. shivera

shivera Guest

Um...this might sound crazy, but u might have a worm. I think its either msblaster or sobig. I heard on the screen savers on tech tv. They said that is was on of the effects it has. But hey what the heck do I know lol.

Cya

5. Praetor

Unlikely that its the worm because the services that the worm exploits need to be loaded first. This has memory/mobo/proc written all over it (or something like that) :p

6. pinkerton

pinkerton Member

memory/mobo/proc?? Whats this? I have a feeling its my motherboard... Its def not a worm or trojan. When I open my CD drive when booting it helps!
    I cant stress enough how I havent done anything to alter the bios (knowingly) I just woke up one morning and it was F**ked. :(

7. Praetor

:) This will help eliminate the possibility of bad ram chips