PC restarts in middle of certain games

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Robmc, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Robmc

Robmc Member

Hi

i'm 14, and i'm not really to good with the techincal side of computers

but anyway, i need some help, as my computer restarts quite a lot with no keyboard on my computer

this first occured when i downloaded the CM 03/04 demo from the SI site, and then the game itself, and all the other championship managers crashed after not a long period of playing, this also happend with another game

the strange thing is, it only started happening since i got XP, and on some other games, it doesnt effect it (eg Halo)

I have asked around a lot, and I have took every bit of advice, which has included stuff which i had already done, which is downloaded all the latest updates for windows XP, got the service pack, got a patch for my VIA chipset motherboard and tried uninstalling the game and retrying

I have also run numerous scan disks, and none have them have shown up any problem with the PC, and I still have this problem

I know its not any bug with one of the games, as I have tried it on a different computer and it works perfectly

please help

thank you

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Heat issues perhaps?

3. Robmc

Robmc Member

I was thinking that, although the system doesnt seem to heat up to much, near the fan it is pretty cool

also, when trying to restart the computer after this has happend, i have to wait 5 minutes, because the computer continually reloads itself

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

If you suspect a heat problem, I would install Motherboard Monitor which will let you see the temperatures.
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/