PC Speakers

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Strix_V, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Strix_V

Strix_V Member

I have a set of Logitech 4.1 speakers that have great sound and depth. I bought them about a year ago and they have not disappointed me, until a little while ago. I noticed that they don't sound as loud and full as usual, like if there was a cloth draped over them. Usually, volume turned up to 25% on the speakers is plenty for myself, but lately it seems that they have to be at about 40% to give off what they would at 25. (and it's not my ears. lol) I have no idea whats happening to them..._

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  2. magnetic

magnetic Regular member

This happened to me last year, the speakers in the creative console had been turned down (on the PC and not the actual speakers).

If the speaker icon is in the bottom corner of your screen, beside the clock;
    right click on it, open volume controls and turn up your sound (volume control), done.

If you use a creative's console go in and turn up volume.

I have my main volume up full on the PC and adjust on the speakers themselves, cause it's great for games.

Hope this is a help

3. Strix_V

Strix_V Member

I already had the PC volume up to full. The icon is always on my desktop and I check it often to make sure it's not turned down. I also went into the advanced and had all the other volume types up to full. I wonder if the speakers are just starting to die or something like that.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Could it be the file? Are you testing with the same filesongs and stuff?

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats a very valid point. After checking that, also check that the other volum controls are all set to full volume. Speakers tend to do the opposite of what has happened to yours. Over time, speakers will loosen up and produce better bass and hgher pitch.

NB: On a seperate note, if any of you buy expensive headphones, dont forget to blast music through them (louder than is comfortable to listen to) with lots of bass for around a day or 2. This is especially prudent with sennheisers premium ranger. Just though id tell ya ;-D

6. Strix_V

Strix_V Member

I've listened to almost all the music I've got on my comp, and it sounds the same. Is there some volume conrol that I don't know about? Because I've looked around and turned all the ones I could find to max. Who knows, maybe there's more hidden away somewhere.

7. knotman

knotman Member

do you have a wave balance if so try to turn that up
    double click on your little speaker in the task bar goto options and look for wave balance

Last edited: Oct 30, 2003
  8. Strix_V

Strix_V Member

Everything in the advanced volume control is already up. I guess they're just dying or something.

9. John375

John375 Guest

Open up the speaker case and look at the (plastic, rubber) mold surround around the woofers. . . When the woofers are real bad, one can hear clicking at certain sound notes. . .If they are damaged, there are places that will repair them.

Personally, I do not like so-called PC speaker sytems . . . Put your hand on the sides of the speaker casing. . . If you feel vibration, then the sound is distorted. . . Since the distortion varies with frequency, it is non-linear. . The sound is of poor quality then.

If the speaker is using 4-inch or 6-inch woofers, then you need lots of voice-coil excursion to get volume. . . This also gives distortion. . . Moreover, the woofers go bad soon. . . That is unless you have special long-throw woofers (cost a ton)

I use a connection to a Stereo receiver. . . The receiver is connected to four speakers, each with 8-inch woofers. . . Meanwhile my Yamaha PC speakers (plus woofer) sit on a shelf