Pc vs Ps3, Wich is better, the pros and cons?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 492070, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 492070

492070 Member

I want to get back into the world of gaming. But what should I get a pc or ps3 what are the pros and cons of the two?.

2. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

well firstly pc's are udating hardware and software all the time so building a games pc will forever cost money, and sometimes they aint cheap either, where as ps3 is a games console with some benefits like web browsing, but it is geared more towards gaming. you ill get in the region of 30-50 (good) games made for a console, then they bring out another console, where as pc you will find you dont get as many and you have to pay out more often for newer hardware. (on a personal note, i have always found pc games better purely for the reason that there is alot more gaming to be done or the game can do alot more.) Most pc games being released at the moment seem to be online but there are a few that are standalone.

So Just to sum up.

Pc pros: Gaming generaly better (my opinion), Games contain more i.e interaction with other players (if online) or keys slightly less difficult to try and remember.

Pc cons: Will have to pay good money to get the best results from games.

PS3 pros: Games are released quite often and always played with best graphics available to the game, good range of games to play.

PS3 cons: Will have to buy a new console when the better games are released for it, controls become difficult sometimes i.e hold L1 tap R2 press circle 3 times hold down x for combo.

on a personal note, allthough pc's cost more for gaming i would choose one over a console everyday of the week.

lol, dunno if this helps but i hope so.

3. 492070

492070 Member

Previously I owned a Pc, but stopped buying hardware, software and games etc, and sold it so that I could focus on school, but now that I am focused on my school work I miss my days of gaming lan or online so from what you tell me it sounds like you know your stuff. So I will probably get a new Pc.
    Ps: thanks for the help Pegasis.

4. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

no worries. :)