PERPLEXED

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Norm_au, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

Hi all,im not sure if any one can give me an idea on this problem i have,but will throw it out there and see,two times now i have found an image of a computer and the world behind it with a line going from the putor to the world in my cursors folder in windows,on both ocasions i have deleted it,now it is back again,can any one tell me what it means ? or what it is ? and is there any thing i am able to do about it ?

when i right click on it and go to properties it sais,type,animated cursor
    location,C, windows,cursors
    size,6,15 KB (6,300 bytes) 16,384 bytes used
    Ms-Dos name,GLOBE.ANI
    created,thursday 4 november 2004 8:06:26 pm
    modified,Monday 23 july 2001 7:16:02 pm
    Accesed,6 november 2004
    attributes, Archive is ticked

is there any one out there who can tell me what the damn thing is please,thanks heaps.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do you know anybody on aol, did search with mamma.com & one of references points to aol

3. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

ywah but what is it,, is it a file or just a cursor.. why do u bother so much on just deleting a ICO. explain more..........

Not trying to be mean

4. ddp

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  5. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

hi again,i run metalic cursers i have no other cursers in there with them,out of the blue this one object keeps popping up in there with my metalic cursers,and i dont put it in there,my concern is some one is getting into my puter via the net,it could be nothing,it could be spy ware,im just wondering if it is some thing i need to be concerned about really i geuss,thx for your time.

6. ddp

do you have a firewall?? if not try zone alarm(free version) from zone labs, also try adaware6 from lavasoft to check for spyware

7. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

i run McAfee,and i did have adaware 6 but some thing happend to it,when it loads now i get an error: Error while loading the ad-aware reference-file...... then i go to check for updates,it sais yes there is an update,so i go for it,the down load window goes to 5% and then sais done ? uhhhhh im getting so sick of damn computers,and the fools out there that give dummies like me a hard time lol thx for your time all .

8. ddp

don't you just love!!! computers. try reloading adaware6 off net. i know there is problem with doing updates but did you notice the date on it 26.10.2002??

9. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

i did notice the date lol crazy huh .... i reloaded it ofline and it seems to be doing the right thing for now,how do i go about udating it though ? can you suggest to me please thx for help ...

10. ddp

either update it manually or go to this link for updates http://www.lavasoftusa.com/, just went to site to confirm link & found out they are discontinuing adaware6 in lieu of adaware se, so you better download it than do updates just like i've done

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  11. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

it sais i cant get to that site from my server lol as usuall some thing to muck me about ..... is the new Ad-Aware ok ? i might as well just get that one then what you think

12. ddp

loaded version 1.5 & updated it last night after removing adaware6. now i have to start changing all my customers over to new version

13. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

its a pretty good program hey,i ran Ad-Aware6,it picked up some thing like 3 or 4 files so on,then i un-installed it and installed SE and ran that WOW lol 119 files and folders it picked up,my machine is running much faster now,thx for all your help,and thx for your patience,putting up with uneducated people must be a hassle some times,be well and God Bless you ddp

14. ddp

your welcome, teach & learn