Philip 958 Standalone DVD player HELP !

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by rhyssmith, Jun 8, 2008.

1. rhyssmith

rhyssmith Member

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help here if possible.

Basically i have this DVD player with a Durabrand Surround System and would like to run my TV and PS3 please through it. Now i have it all setup for playing regular DVD's but there is no option for EXT external devices to connect or at least this is where my knowledge come to an end.

I am connecting the DVD to the tv lcd via scart and the RCA connection througth the surround and the DVD player all look right.

What can i do.

Thank you for your Help

2. rhyssmith

rhyssmith Member

Just to inform you that the DVD player is a Philip's 958 model and is about 8 years old.

Thank you!

3. rhyssmith

rhyssmith Member

4. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Not knowing what tv you have nor which model Durabrand I can only give you some basics.

First, nothing goes through the dvd player. Unless the dvd player is also a recorder, it will only have line outs.

So, everything must go either to the tv or the Durabrand.

You said:

What do you mean by 'it'? The tv, dvd or Durabrand?

What connections does your tv have? You mention the dvd is connected via scart, does the tv also have hdmi? Does the tv have audio out (RCA)?

What connections does the Durabrand have? It it only has 1 set of RCA line-ins then you will have to connect everything to the tv and run the audio from the tv to the Durabrand.