1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Philips 37PFL5603D/10 Full HD 1080i LCD TV.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by AKAJEF, Jul 25, 2019.

1. AKAJEF

AKAJEF Member

Hi,

I'm looking for some assistance from experienced people who might be able to help me and on how to troubleshoot an LCD TV and it's issues with the screen. One case that is for certain is the screen itself who has not been bumped into or any flaws. The screen issues are coming from the circuit boards/main boards or the actual graphic card behind the screen. Maybe the T-CON board is defect.

This is a Philips 37PFL5603D/10 Full HD 1080i LCD TV.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX2DBljihGA

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/37PFL5603D_10/lcd-tv-with-pixel-plus-hd

So what happened a couple of days ago is that the screen started to develop some blue or discolored lines/stripes, gradually starting to spread downwards vertically from the upper TV frame.

I can show a screenshot of the screen and share it if there's people who are looking on this message, or who knows something about these issues. But the same situation with the screen in on the YouTube video. Just a different TV brand. The reason why I'm posting this message is because if I can use spare parts such as a new T-CON board which is for sale to solve these issues. I just don't know which one them I need yet.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  2. keebles

keebles Regular member

You might just want to get a new tv, the unit you listed is over 10 years old. Once something in a tv goes, its a matter of time before something else goes. Might be the main board, might be the display board. Could be something completely different( might be the power supply causing it to go). instead of trying a bunch of different parts that may or may not be the cause.

3. AKAJEF

AKAJEF Member

I understand what you mean and I've been thinking about it as well before I posted this message in this forum.
    It's always worth repairing if one knows the exact complications or issues with equipments in general.
    I had to contact a person who are selling spare parts and in consideration of this persons experience, he claimed that the display is the only issue. A replacement of the whole screen will most likely be the solution.
    The LCD display in itself compared with the symptoms which is appearing on the actual LCD display/screen.
    This person might only be a seller, but one has to talk with them on the phone and ask about everything which is relevant to engineering or professional use. What else that could get broken over the time in the future is worth paying a small amount for in my opinion, and particularly if one is a professional user. Most people are not professional users of electronic equipments unfortunately. Have a good Monday and thanks for your response.