Philips DVDR75/17 Firmware Upgrade

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Bohdi, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

I own a DVDR75/17 that I purchased in February 2004. The Philips customer support webpage shows a firmware upgrade that came out last year after I purchased my recorder. I have tried downloading the firmware upgrade but have been unsuccessful creating a upgrade disk. I am using Nero Burning ROM 6 (the latest demo version) and when I try selecting the files that I extracted from the firmware zip file I get an unrecognized file format error from Nero. Has anyone performed this firmware upgrade with the webpage files? What program did you use?

I am hoping this firmware upgrade will fix the disk error & lockup issues I started getting two months ago with the latest DVD movie releases.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Raylene

Raylene Guest

I have a Philips DVDR75/17 recorder too, purchased in Sept. 2004 and I also tried to upload this upgrade information from the Philips site. I was given this information by a Philips tech. at their tech-help phone site. I couldn't get the disc to work either. But, my main problem seems to be the same as yours - after about an hour and fifty minutes max, I get the dreaded red "disc error" sign across the screen, and there is no use in trying any further - the disc is good for nothing but the trash. Does anyone have ANY idea how to "fix" this? A Philips tech had me unplug the unit and reset it, and that did not do any good. Any help would be soo much appreciated!

I am not trying to copy commercially-released films on DVD or even video tape, just programs from the satellite dish connected to the TV, or my own home-movies I have on tape.