Philips DVP 5106K

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by raunakroy, Nov 9, 2005.

1. raunakroy

raunakroy Member

Hi - just bot the DVP5106K. Does anyone know if it is Divx certfied? Also, any idea of firmware upgrade?

2. prs_1986

prs_1986 Guest

Yes it's DivX certified as mention on all the sites.And can u tell me the cost of the same???And how'z it?plz reply as soon as possible,b'coz even i m thinking to go for it !!!Is it worth?

3. ajeyk

ajeyk Member

It is certainly DivX certified as reported by www.divx.com. There doesn't seem to be any firmware upgrade for this player at the moment. By the way, do you stay in India by any chance? Even I would like to know how much you got the player for. A review of the same will be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Ajey

4. raunakroy

raunakroy Member

Working on a detailed review, but my overall advice is go for it. Its years ahead of the 642K if you can forgive the firmware upgrade thing. It even played discs that don't work on my ASUS DVD burner. I bot it in Pune for INR 4600.

5. DolbyProl

DolbyProl Guest

I want Dolby Prologic IIx & DivX 6 Full playback support through firmware update and I know and have confirmed from many place that this is possible on DVP 5106K. Can any one help me providing the firmware. Please do help and reply at my email.

6. DolbyProl

DolbyProl Guest

Hi, Are there no one Techno. Can't any one get a firmware update for DVP 5106k. Well I can tell you guys that DVP 5500S and DVP 5106K are almost similar in there hardware, but it has Dolby Prologic II. Can any one tell me whether there is output in the Sub Woofer Channel when a stereo Audio CD is played in Dolby Prologic II Mode. If that is true then it serves the purpose one if it's firmware can be updated on DVP 5106K. But support for playback of DivX 6 menus still remain. Please try and search and help and let this mission be succesful. Like Nokia 3310 and Nokia 3315 has no basic difference rather than firmware. Has anyome links to firmwares@cdfreaks.com, with cdfreaks. Please don't keep any table unturned. Try and get it as it is technically possible and I got this reply from an official in DivX but they tell that that is within the manufacturing companies.

7. smurugan

smurugan Member

Will Philips DVP 5106k read DVD+R9, (8.5GB media).
    Is there any firmware update for it (DivX 6)
    Is it possible to write the DVD with password protect to access in DVD player