Philips DVP642 DVD & DivX player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by stevemoe, May 28, 2008.

1. stevemoe

stevemoe Member

Original thread on this topic is very old. While playing a DivX file (actually an Xvid) is there a way to skip forward to a specific point in the file. The movie is one large file and if you don't watch it all the way through, when you come back the next day to finish, all I can do is FF at 8X to get to where I left off. Earlier post in previous thread indicated there was a "Go To" function.

2. MrGrimace

MrGrimace Member

If you hit display (I think that is the right name for the button) you get a on-screen display of the current time index. If you hit it again, you can type in a time to jump to. Be careful as you must use leading zeros. So to get 30 minutes into a move you wold need to type 003000 (and perhaps the select button after that) Sorry but my memory on that remote is shoddy. But I do know that is how you jump to a new time index.

3. stevemoe

stevemoe Member

Hey, thanks! Yea, the problem I was having on my unit is you DON'T have to press display a second time, just start entering the time; leading zeros required, then press OK.