PHILIPS DVP642

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by TECHGREEN, Apr 28, 2006.

1. TECHGREEN

TECHGREEN Guest

Can some one help me to play DVD-R on Philips DVP642. When I play this disc Video colour is coming in Black and White.Audio coming ok.How can i get video in colour.I played DVD, VCD, MP3 disc-all coming ok. Thanks in advance

2. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

you might want to check your video setting.

3. Haran

Haran Member

Hey guys,

I have the Philips DVP642 and have had no trouble playing any kind of dvds, vcds, cds on it.. now my only problem is I cannot seem to play my dvd mp3 disc in random mode. Is there a random play mode? Please help :)

4. codydog

codydog Regular member

According to the manual: when completely distorted picture or black and white picture with dvd. 1. connect dvd player directly to the t.v. 2. Make sure the disk is cpompatable with the dvd player. 3. Ensure that the dvd players t.v. standard is set to match that of the disk and your t.v.
    Might want to check the multi, ntsc, pal, settings. Just a sugg. EDIT> I havne't had the time to read all of the post on the 642. Do a search for the 642 and there are around 1300 posts so far. More than likely your problem has been discussed and resolved. CD.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  5. Haran

Haran Member

i think u misunderstood me.. but i was asking, if it is possible to play dvd mp3 in random mode??

6. codydog

codydog Regular member

Sorry, I was replying more to TECHGREEN. I saw that you found the 642 thread. Give me a minute. I'll see what I can find. EDIT> No, I put an mp3 in, "first time I've used this feature." Went through all of the menus. Only repeat, no random that I found. Sounds good though. Now I wish I had a optical input amp. It would be worth it to have an extra player for just mp3 or cd with optical out. CD.

Last edited: May 21, 2006