Philips LX3900SA and divx/xvid playback

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kimbo2005, Dec 27, 2005.

1. kimbo2005

kimbo2005 Member

I'm having great difficulty playing some divx and xvid movies on my Philips LX3900SA stand-alone player, with some movies experiencing jumps/stutters during playback, whereby the picture can freeze (with sound still playing fine) for a few seconds or more. Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Burning to different media (all manner of CD-r, CD-RW, DVD+RW) with the picture always freezing in exactly the same places, beginning just a few seconds into playback. So I know it's not a media issue
    2. Burning with different writers - same as above, so not the drive
    3. Burning with different software - as above, so not a burn issue
    4. Using mpeg4modifier to unpack a packed bitstream. This is interesting - worst affected movies WERE packed, but I've since unpacked them and am still getting the same problem. All are square pixel AR
    5. Re-encoding the audio stream to mp3 cbr 160kb/sec from ac3 (as it was for one of the files) using virtualdub. Didn't help.
    6. Creating discs with and without srt subtitle files. Didn't help.
    7. Upgrading the firmware to the latest philips one for the player. Didn't help
    8. Upgrading to the mtz firmware. Didn't help

Anyone had the same problem, or got any ideas? Please?

2. Breuer85

Breuer85 Member

Hi there, Have you tried burning the Divx movies in HomeTheater??? I didn't get sound untill I checked phillips support website and noticed that their players need DIvx video to be encoded in HomeTHeater and nothing else. You can get the DIvx encoder from www.divx.com