Philips TV - TV antenna socket

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by oeano, Dec 1, 2009.

1. oeano

oeano Member

Hi guys I have a Philips TV model 15PF4121/05. The TV Antenna socket haas seemed to give in on me. I have tried different connections around the house but none are working in it. It was working perfectly but the picture just stopped. Is there anyway i can fix this and if so is it difficult. I have been on to Philips but they want to charge me €120 just to collect the tv and god knows what else to fix it. In the end it would be more than the tv is worth.

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks in advance

Oeano

2. dailun

dailun Active member

It's probably not the antenna socket itself, but the entire tuner section of the TV, which will be expensive to fix.

Can you play DVD or videotape on the TV. If so, then the tuner section probably died.

That being said, if your cable company rents/provides external tuner boxes you can probably hook that up to one of the alternate input ports and use it as your tuner.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

have you tried taking it to a local tv repair man??????i had an antenna socket brake on a tv about 12years ago and the local repair man charged me about $60 and replaced it.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I wouldn't spend any money on fixing an old 15" tv...you could get a 22" for the price Phillips would charge just to pick it up!

I see that TV has DVI input, so you could get a cable/satelite/fios box to work with it, assuming this port still works. You can test it easily with any device that has DVI or HDMI output.

5. oeano

oeano Member

Thanks guys, all the other ports are still working as I can still use my DVD and Playstation. I have a Eurovox Max but as we all know there is no software available to even get the basic channels through that.

Thanks again
    O