Pinnacle Studio 9 Video Capture

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mastermeo, Jul 26, 2004.

1. mastermeo

mastermeo Member

Hi, I bought a Elura 70 camcorder and I want to transfer my DV to DVD.

Bundled with my camcorder was Pinnacle Studio 9.

When capturing video, I can enable the "auto detect scenes" option, however, when capturing DV to my PC, the software doesn't seems to separate the video in different scenes.

I would like pretty much to use the "scene splitting" feature of the software as it remove the hassle of having to manually split the big video in several smaller scenes.

Any input on wether it is a supported feature of every camcorder or if I have to do anything special for it to be activated?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

2. chojan

chojan Member

Hi there --

There are three different ways that Studio can detect the scenes for you. Which option did you have selected? The best mode is typically "detect by scene content".

If you have a fair bit of variability in your shots, then this mode should work, and it is not at all dependent upon the camcorder's features.

Another thing you can try is this: capture it, with scene detection enabled (even if it doesn't seem to work). Then, when you have the single scene selected, go to "Redetect scenes" from one of the menus.

3. mastermeo

mastermeo Member

Thanks, I will try that