Pioneer A05 install - Please help

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by RonnieDar, Jun 18, 2003.

1. RonnieDar

RonnieDar Member

Have just got my dvd burner and need to know
    whats the best install setup

currently have dvd drive and cdr drive

i wanted to keep the dvd drive and just replace the cdr with my dvd burner but is it best to have the dvd-r as primary or secondary

also

have been reading some of the threads and read that is best to have the dvd-r and dvd drive on different ide slots (just makes it better if recording a dvd on the fly

only asking cuase the dvd-r has no instructions or cables

lots of thanx

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Do not put DVD Writer and the DVD Rom on the same IDE channel as this can lead to conflictions of data, especially when writing on the fly. If you do put it on the same IDE, make sure it is on as Master and DVD ROM as slave.

3. RonnieDar

RonnieDar Member

hey thanx oriphus

how bout if i put harddrive and have dvd-rom as slave and then have dvd burner on its own channel then would i get the best of both

*@%! thanx 4 the quick reply

4. boriqua

boriqua Guest

for best results that I have notice... When I install my DVD burner, I just go ahead and buy an ULTRA ATA133 CONTROLLER CARD. Makes life so much easier... You won't need the cdr burner unless you want to burn faster than 12x, and I don't see why... Keep your HHD on IDE cable as master, and your DVD-rom on the 2nd IDE cable also as master. Now you can have your cdr burner as slave on the 2nd IDE but no need. Install the controller card then attack the DVD burner and your set. I have done 8 out of 8 with no prob thus far...

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

That would work fine. Here is what BaaBaa (a Member here told me):

Main HD - Primary IDE Master
    DVD ROM - Primary IDE Slave
    DVD RW - Secondary IDE Master
    CD RW - Secondary IDE Slave

That sounds like good advice to me!

6. boriqua

boriqua Guest

Good setup Orihpus. DVD-Rom and burner apart. One question with that setup: Would you have conflict or loss of speed when ripping to the harddrive with dvd-rom?

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I dont think that matters as much as when you are burning on the fly to DVD-R. However, im sure BaaBaa (memeber) can help you out with that. He gave me those details!

Chris ;-)