Pioneer DVR-A06U or Sony DRU-510A?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by maynoth, Jun 27, 2003.

1. maynoth

maynoth Member

Hi I am going to be purchasing a DVD-R drive for backing up my files, and movies etc. I want the best drive out there and I am wondering which of these two you would recomend and why. TY

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I have both a sony dru 500ax and a pioneer a05. Both have their problems. That help you much?

LOL

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Pioneer DVR106 for sure. Its cheaper and better

4. maynoth

maynoth Member

not really b/c i was talking about 2 differnt drives but thanks anywho

5. djillini

djillini Regular member

Yea the pioneer dvr 106 is definitely the one to go with.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The A06 isnt a different drive, its exactly the same except it comes in a nice we box with spare DVD-R and DVD-RW. Get the DVR106. Its the same drive!! If you want all the crap that comes with it, spend the extra £40 and get the A06. Its still the better drive to go for than the Sony.

Chris

7. Tosca

Tosca Guest

What is this scientific poll based on? Does anyone here have the A06 and the 510a to actually say, "yeah the A06 is da bomb!"

Frankly I have found probs with Pioneer and Sony. None is better than the other. The pioneer will burn perfectly and then you have a coaster when you try it out on a dvd-rom or player. How it turned into a coaster is any one's guess. The Sony definitely has issues with media, but once you find the right media and the right software to burn it with, you won't have any probs.

You have thirty days to check the hardware out. If it works go with it, if it doesn't send it back.

Don't believe the hype that those around here who owns one drive throws about. What works for them may not work for you.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its based on Flashman, the DVD consultants, opinion when he tested both drives over 2 months ago. Yes, he did get the 106 before it was released.

9. Marino13

Marino13 Member

The Sony will write to +RW's at 4x. The Pioneer will not (2.4x). The Sony will record cd-r's at 24x and the Pioneer will not (16x).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2003
  10. djillini

djillini Regular member

I luv sony products, but when it comes down to these 2 drives, I would take the pioneer in a heart beat.