1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - World's End (Solved)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kbees, Nov 20, 2007.

1. kbees

kbees Member

i'm having problemms ripping pirates 3 using dvdfab - it downloads onto my HD ok but then when i go to burn it it just comes up unsuccessful. any ideas? i've also tried clone2 and get some cycling error?

2. kbees

kbees Member

tried again with dvdfab no problems - i think anydvd might have been interfering before. thanks

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Let me know how you get on, ie have you been successful in burning it. I've ripped the movie fine with DVDFab, but so far have been unable to do anything more with it. For now i've been posting to a DVDFab thread over at cdfreaks as i think it's a DVDFab-related problem - http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-1-2-out-231957/index4.html#post1937340

will update this thread here when i know some more (haven't tried DVD Shrink yet), have been using DVD Rebuilder as 70% video compression for a movie such as this is just too much for poor old DVD Shrink hence why i use DVD Rebuilder.

edit- just got home and tried DVD Shrink on the files ripped by DVDFab in main movie mode, an appallingly low 70.8% video quality in Shrink but it was only a test to see if Shrink would barf or not.. all went well for a while, then at 37% transcoding the movie, Shrink barfed with "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Out of memory
    Not enough storage is available to process this command." ..so it would appear the files from DVDFab aren't ok after all...... (at least i don't have to mess about with DVD Rebuilder now) - am sure fengtao et al are busy beavering away with their usual updates so hopefully it'll get sorted soon

another edit- here's what's going on - http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfa...compatible-other-programs-232255/#post1937869 - try using an older version of DVDFab

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  4. creaky

Hot off the press, new 4.0.1.4 Beta of DVDFab

What's New:

4.0.1.4 Beta (Nov 24, 2007)
    - New: Improved DVD structure cleaning module.
    - New: Updated language files.
    - Fix: DVD Shrink "Out of memory" error when copying DVD in certain cases.
    - Fix: A crash problem when clicking "Settings" button in certain cases.
    - Fix: Several minor problems.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/583712/3571187

edit- have cracked it (with DVD Shrink anyway, have yet to try running the movie files thru DVD Rebuilder)...

i didn't uses the new DVDFab Beta in the end as i had the movie files (that DVDFab 4.0.1.2 had done) on my hard drive already, was determined to get this movie sorted and burnt..

..ran the files that were originally ripped in DVDFab 4.0.1.2's main movie mode thru FixVTS, DVD Shrink still bombed though; for a laugh i then ran the FixVTS'd files thru vobblanker - success!! - this time DVD Shrink processed the movie correctly.
    However i didn't go thru all this trouble for DVD Shrink to work with 70% video quality, not even with Shrink's extra quality features turned on.. so DVD Rebuilder running again now

Have posted this info to the cdfreaks thread also, in case it helps anyone there - http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfa...compatible-other-programs-232255/#post1938709

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  5. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

when did it released on dvd pirates3

6. creaky

about a week here in UK

7. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

oh ok
    i wonder when will be us turn
    i can't wait
    love those three movies

8. creaky

sigh, after 4 hours, DVD Rebuilder choked at Phase 3 ie exactly where it failed before. Thoroughly fed up with wasting time on this so going to call it a day by running the latest copy of the movie files thru DVD Shrink with it's quality settings cranked up, it won't be a patch on the quality DVD Rebuilder can offer but it's better than nothing

9. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

I backed this title up here in the states, "Official Title" due to release on Dec 4th 2007. It's a Disney release with usual array of encryption. I was able to use AnyDVD 6.2.0.1 & CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 which backed up just fine (disc to disc). I also used RipIt4Me 1.7.1.0 which backed up to my hard drive just fine. AnyDVD 6.2.0.1 ripper did not have the same success? I could not open the file generated afterwards. On another note, enhance your viewing pleasure by purchasing an 720p/1080i "Upscale" DVD player. I own a SONY.

Summary for drive Z: (AnyDVD 6.2.0.1)
    HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B 0S24 0BSCA04/07/28
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 1975808 sectors (3859 MBytes)
    Total size: 3925379 sectors (7666 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: pi30nnw1
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
    RCE protection not found.
    Found & removed structural copy protection!
    Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
    Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
    Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
    UDF filesystem patched!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

10. colw

colw Active member

No problems doing this one with DVD Shrink and AnyDVD in background - Region 4 - movie only.

11. kbees

kbees Member

i'm not sure why it worked with dvdfab the second time - all i did different was disable and close anydvd before loading dvdfab and it worked fine (slow but fine)

12. res2cue

res2cue Guest

for fab to work properly you are supposed to have anydvd disabled.

13. creaky

...plus please let me/us know how you get on burning it, still haven't got mine to work

14. dvdmum

dvdmum Member

Hi I am a newbie with not much knowledge of most of these processes, however, I wanted to share that I was able to backup this DVD this morning...so if I can do it I am sure that you can too.

I used DVDFab + FixVTS + DVD Shrink

I followed the basics of this guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154#1955171

Hope this helps - dvdmum

15. madpunter

madpunter Member

I had no luck with Pirates 3 using dvdfab + fixVTS + dvdshrink, and suspect as mentioned above that the beta versions of dvdfab will solve the "out of memory error" in shrink.

Successfully copied using fixit4me (w/fixVTS) and dvdshrink.

16. skwait

skwait Member

hi all, pirates 3 just came out here yesterday in us [california] i cant get dvd shrink to work [says incorrect function during analysing] and i dont have dvd fab anymore and cant find it anywhere. any ideas that might help me out? thanks

17. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

The Pirates 2 DVD was the first DVD ever I had problems with. Finally this turned out to be a succesful path:
    Copy the files to HDD with AnyDVD running in the background (I was amazed that without AnyDVD I was not even able to just copy the files from the DVD to my HDD...). Process the files with FixVTS. Recode with Shrink. Burn.

18. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I was able to rip and burn this title with the process listed in my signature. After blanking all non-pirates material on the disc, the full disc compression wasn't that bad (i think it was around 70%). i still used a DL though

19. creaky

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I was prepared for a failed burn on this one. (region 1 BTW) DvdFab HD4 beta version, DvdShrink, ImgBurn. The first time DvdFab quit halfway through with the "pathplayer" error. I restarted it, tried it again, and it took.

Rip/Burn process went smoothly. Haven't watched it yet to make sure, but so far so good.