Placing Backups on the hard drive iso or extracted?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by okron1k, Mar 24, 2006.

1. okron1k

okron1k Member

i was wondering.. tried searching first but came up with so many titles and half of them just say i need help. anyways

i have downloaded a game and was wondering.. do i just put the ISO file in the games folder? or do i extract it? half the time it says my iso's are damaged. but i burn them and they work fine.

thanks in advance

2. cearel

cearel Guest

if you want to ftp them to your hard drive just ectract them then ftp them over

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You have to extract the ISO with a program like quix then FTP over the folder in most casses. In some casses you can use the ISO image but you have to set it up to do this with a virtual drive setup. This is possible if you have softmodded your Xbox with the NKPatcher I think version 10 or above. Mine is version 10 and I can play ISO off the HDD. But not all softmods will let you set it up and I dont think you can set it up to play ISO if you have hardmodded your system.

4. cearel

cearel Guest

yea so it is easier to exstract them

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@cearel

Actully if you have the right softmod and can run ISO off the hard drive it is alot easier to do it that way. All you have to do is make a game folder place the ISO in the game folder and edit a virtual drive xbe file to the name of the game and then rename it default.xbe and place that in the folder then FTP it over to HDD.

I do all my Games that way now. Dont even wasit my time extracting the ISO file into a folder.

Alot of the games that wont run off the HDD due to long file names ext can be run off it using the ISO.

1 of those games was NBA Live 2006 I can play that off my HDD using the ISO where as far as I know others that cant use the ISO file have to play that game off the disc do to FTP the folder over wont work. Unless somone has fixed that problem with a patch.

But any game that has trouble sending to HDD due to long file names I can play off my HDD using the ISO.

6. cearel

cearel Guest

yea if you have a softmod which alot of ppl do i guess but i dont so i just extract them,if you have a big enough hdd you should be able to run them i havnt had a prob with any games yet

7. okron1k

okron1k Member

i just bought a big hdd from best buy and i'm about to check if its lockable. if not i will return it. if it is i am going to see how to install it on a softmodded xbox. any links would be greatly appreciated