Play video games on my computer?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ninjanick, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ninjanick

ninjanick Regular member

Hey, afterdawn. I have a converter to play video games on my t.v. since my TV is older and doesnt have AV input jacks.

My converter looks like this
    [​IMG]

Notice the S-Video cable?

Now here is the back of my computer
    [​IMG]

I connected the S-Video cable to my converter to the back of my computer, fired up my xbox 360 and nothing happend?

Is there some sort of software I need to do this? If so could some one link me. THANKS!

2. Juli3n

Juli3n Member

if you have a newer monitor there should be a button on you monitor to switch sources. (like source on a tv)

3. jeice28

jeice28 Member

the TV... doesn't have a/v jacks? How old... when was this sucker made... 1976??? Or is it a small portable? Either way check and make SURE that your TV tuner does do s-video, otherwise its an rs-232 port meant for diagnostics. Plus see that its not an output on the card. You... may need to use windows media player in order to do through your computer; not sure just check your manual, or go to microsoft's xbox site. I think its www.xbox.com.

Most TV tuner cards I've run across have the coaxial jack as the input and the s-video as the output and there's no way to change that. I am relatively sure you can play it through your computer... but I think what you need is a pci card that handles security equipment. Usually these cards have RCA jacks on them and its the standard yellow white red composite as they also manage sound... but I think they are priced around 99 dollars. Anyone who has their home security done through their computer would know what I'm talking about.