Player Help

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by jonmoody, Aug 4, 2004.

1. jonmoody

jonmoody Member

My JVC DVD player plays DVDS and VCDS.

When I made my own DVD and put it in, it worked fine. Since then, when I put my created DVD in, it refuses to play it, saying it can't read it.

Has my player realised its not official or something else causing the problem? Thanks.

2. carpki

carpki Guest

What do you mean when you say a DVD you created??? Is it a back up of a film you own or is it home movie stuff done via an editing suite?? If the player recognised the disc and played it first time you shouldn't have a problem. Check that the disc is clean and has not been damaged then retry it. Modern standalones support DVD recordable discs so you shouldn't have any problems with it. However check this site to make sure your standalone does support recordable discs:http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
    PS does the disc play on your PC DVD drive?????

3. jonmoody

jonmoody Member

I made the DVD myself on a dvd rewritable CD, from a downloaded .avi into a DVD.

It worked fine, I put it in, it read it, and I browsed through the chapters I made etc.... then the next time I tried it in there it did not work. So I took it out, cleaned the CD, put it back in - and again it did not work.

So I put the DVD into the PC and it worked perfectly. It has stopped playing that DVD on my dvd player for some reason, any idea why?

4. carpki

carpki Guest

I don't download from the internet, but I do know that you need to convert the .avi files to ones that standalones support. I would suggest that you try a more appropriate forum, probably one of the en/trans coding ones.I don't really believe its a standalone issue, but I could be wrong!!