player to recorder - possible?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by jamesgc, Jan 12, 2004.

1. jamesgc

jamesgc Member

hi all, i'm new to the site, but have found alot of great information here!

my dad recently purchased a Mico DVD recorder for our living room, it uses +R and +RW. We also have a few dvd player knocing round the house, ones a mainstream JVC player, the others are cheap 'Pacific DVD players from ASDA, a Phillips one and some others i cant remember what they are.

Is it possible to record from one of these players, straight onto the Mico Recorder deck?

at the moment we cant because of the obvious protection thats there.

thanks in advance
    james.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You mentioned the first problem that needs overcome: commercial DVD movies are encrypted. The second problem is that most movies are DVD-9s, around 8 GB in size. Blank DVDs hold about 4.36 GB.
    This makes it impossible to do what you what you are proposing.
    You will need a DVD burner attached to or installed in your computer and some software that will decrypt and compress the movie to fit on a blank disc. You will then need a program that will burn your DVD movie files to the blank disc.
    There are one step software programs that will do all of this. 321 studios X Copy express for example. This was my first program. Now I prefer DVD Shrink 3.1.2 (free) and Nero 6 (30 day free trial) for my DVD work.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004