Playing backups with a thomson drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by yavimaya, Apr 2, 2006.

1. yavimaya

yavimaya Member

Hi

I've been reading through the threads... im planning to mod my 1.6 xbox basically to play backups games. I have seen that the thomson drive is the worst and most problematic dvd drive to have with a modded xbox...
    and i have a thomson drive :(

Should I mod my xbox or try to get a samsung drive?? i dont necessarily want to copy all games a bigger hard disk.. tough it is a solution...

Is there an special brand of disks (CD-R,DVD-R etc) that thomson might not be that picky with?

cheers

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

All depends on your luck I guess. My first xbox was purchased in 2001, it has the thompson, and I have not had one bit of trouble with it. The thing is still going strong, so there is no guarantee that a thompson will be problematic.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

It should be fine to play backup games.

4. yavimaya

yavimaya Member

Well, I think I will just give it a shot :).

This xbox is from the "newest" ones, manufactured last year in july... so no surprise my xbox features the latest protections against backup games :p. I mean it is a fact that versions 1.6 and 1-6b are the most complicated to hardware mod and so on...

Thanks again

5. yavimaya

yavimaya Member

Ok guys

I found out that the problem is that phillips and thomson drives are problematic with CD-R media. So with DVD-R/RW should not be a problem. So I believe I can live with that

Thanks

Yavimaya