1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing games from HDD using HDLoader/HDAdvance GUIDE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dan168, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Puner

Puner Member

I put my HDD in a USB enclosure case and opened winhIIp and my hd wasnt under "select drive"

2. kevinko

kevinko Guest

i have the same problem......:(

3. Puner

Puner Member

Solved, the hard drive was screwed up itself. Went out and bought a 320gb Seagate and it worked fine.

4. Ratt72

Ratt72 Member

I need help. I have a wide ps2 with a 160GB maxtor hdd. I am using hdadvance to put my games onto the hdd. All of the games go onto the hdd fine, but when I go to run them all I get is a black screen. I am trying to run my ESPN College Hoops 2K5, Nascar 2005, and NBA Live 2005. I know some games require an enable mode, but when i press select with the game highlighted I get like 7 options and I don't know what to select. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. Puner

Puner Member

I have HDAdvance 2.0 and i have 3 modes, mode 1, mode 2, and mode 3. For me i just press "yes" for all of the modes given to me. For more information on game compatibility check here list.ps2hd.com

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  6. Ratt72

Ratt72 Member

Thanks pruner, I am not sure why my hdadvance doesn't have that option (that I can find) I got version 3.0 and for some reason when I push select with a game highlighted form the list it gives my 7 or 8 options, and none of them are called enable mode or give the option of mode 1,2, or 3. I can't get any of my games to work.

7. Puner

Puner Member

Yeah thats exactally how it is for the free HD Loader .8b im using, i press select on a game and it gives me around 8 options, i say yes to all of them and see if the game works or not, chances are the game will work with all set to yes.

If the game doesnt work then you have to to ps2hd.com to see if anyone else with the same game has the same problem.

8. keeptash

keeptash Guest

9. Ratt72

Ratt72 Member

I'm pretty sure that you need a usb to ide cable. Not sata

10. johnbarne

johnbarne Member

My PS2 laser appears to have given up recently. I've got a V4 PS2 and was wondering if it is possible to add an HDD and just plays games directly from that?

If this is not possible could anybody suggest a decent site that sells modded PS2 that either comes with an HDD or that Icould either add an HDD to.

Thanks.

11. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki Member

im just wondering.
    How do you defrag your HDD using winhiip ?

12. edser99

edser99 Member

Hey guys well i have a solution for the hard drive not appearing. Its simple your computer is not detecting it i had the same problem. heres how to fix it click on start then control panel then look for administrative tools double click then double click on computer management once it opens on your left hand side you should see storage and disk management click on disk management then you will see you drive and it will say not initialized click on it once and right click then initialize disk. Once its done click on the right side where it says the size of your drive and unallocated right click once and click on new partition then click next then next then next then you will see format partition make sure you click on do not format this partition and click next and finished you can now use the drive using winhiip. enjoy.

13. igf

igf Member

If you have hdloader with 7 or 8 options in the select menu the first 3 are the same as mode 1,2,3.I have got most my games working doing this hope it helps.Also check ps2hd.com for a list of games and the modes needed to run them.

14. sbad

sbad Member

Hi all, total noob here. I just purchased a slim ps2 and a USBextreme combo kit including a 160gb WD hdd. This hdd is supposed to be compatible with the ps2. I set the hdd to master & formatted the hdd in windows to NTFS, then formatted with dos ul_format command, then formatted with winhiip. Winhiip recognizes the hdd and the games seem to move to the hdd fine. When I connect the hdd to my ps2 and insert the usb extreme dvd, the game menu pops up with no games on it. Anything I do on that screen tells me to insert a usb device. Yes, it is turned on :) I have seen many people with this same problem in different areas, but no one has returned to post what they did to fix the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank You!
    Stacy

15. aj174

aj174 Regular member

Hi, i installed a few games on my 10.6 gb Maxtor HDD, and noticed that a game (Smackdown vs raw 2007) took more space than it was supposed to. It took 6.88 gb when the image is 4.21? It boots fine, but now i have no room to put in FF12...

When i was installing the HDD on my computer, it was formatting, now im not sure if this deletes everything from my HDD, cause i had already used up 2.something gigs. So maybe thats the problem, and i need to format my HDD and wipe it completely? or is there something that has happened?

16. ChazB

ChazB Member

I notice you fail to mention one of the most common mistakes made and probably the reason for a couple of the posts here mentioning the HDD working fine in the PC and not being seen by the PS2. I'll explain it this way: When I put my HDD in the Computer, I set the jumper to "Cable Select", but when I put it in my PS2, I have to remove the jumper to put it in "Single Drive" mode, putting the jumper to "MASTER" won't work (for my drive) because there is no "SLAVE" device when I put it in the PS2. Some drives are different. I do wonder if anyone knows why when I burn HDLoader to a CD (or download the premade ISO) why it just gives me a black screen (using Swap Magic 2.0 to boot it) but, if I boot off the memcard and use PS2Menu or other ELF launcher to run it (from the CD) it works just fine.....(the contents of the cd in question are a valid SYSTEM.CNF a DUMMY.DAT file and HDLFPP.ELF. This is also true for many other cds of homebrew (SNES Station for example, unless I use cogswaploader) Could it be a problem with Swap Magic 2.0? If I got a newer version, do you think that would fix it? I was given the SM2.0 discs free and they have worked for all the burned games I have tried them on, so I never bothered to go out and get the newer versions.

17. xpdamus

xpdamus Member

I have an 80GB Maxtor, with about 11 games on it - i have ordered a USB2 hard drive enclosure so i can take the PS2 hard drive out of the PS2, then insert into the enclosure and plug into my PC via USB2.

What software on the PC do i need to transfer PS2 ISOs to the PS2 hard drive in the enclosure?

Do i need the USB extreme tool or what!?

18. aj174

aj174 Regular member

I have a question on the memory card exploit and booting up HDLoader from that. My swap magic CD version doesnt work, so I wonder if you can burn the files onto a dvd will is still boot? Also, if not, is there any way to rebuild the ISO to make it bootable for DVD's? Thanks.

19. xpdamus

xpdamus Member

You need DVD Decrypter, ISO Buster and CDVDGen ISO Bulder.

Open the SMCD ISO in ISOBuster, and take note of the order of the files it displays.

Open a new folder, and extract the contents of the SMCD into the new folder.

Then open CDVDGen ISO Builder, and enter the files you just extracted *in the same order they appear in ISO Buster*

Then create the image, and it should work ok. (you obviously need a way to boot the disc - as it isn't factory-pressed!

20. jesspren6

jesspren6 Member

xpdamus, you will need winhiip to load your games onto your hdd from your pc.