1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing games from HDD using HDLoader/HDAdvance GUIDE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dan168, Jul 21, 2006.

1. aj174

aj174 Regular member

http://hdadvance.digitalsedative.com/

thats where i got the guide. it seems my swap magic CD does work, its just my ps2 that has trouble reading CD's now. So i got the confirmation screen that said installation complete. Then i loaded my trigger disc (Rayman) but there was a disc read error. So i did the whole thing again with a working ps1 game, loaded swap magic, put in that installation cd, got the confirmation message, shut off my ps2, and loaded my trigger disc, but it loaded as a ps1 game and not HDLoader??

2. xpdamus

xpdamus Member

With WinHiip it will show my USB hard drive attached to the PC, so i can tranfer the ISOs accross, then put back in my PS2, correct?

Thanks!

3. JAdamM

JAdamM Member

I have read the guide. I understand most of it. I haven't got my USBHDD or Swap Magic set in the mail yet. I was just wondering how everything worked and exactly what ELF files I needed. All I want is to be able to play my PS2 games from my USBHDD from a list.

"- you can have a maximum of 4 files in the "./SWAPMAGIC/" folder at the same time. You will

need to rename these ELF program files to the following respectively:
    - SMBOOT0.ELF
    - SMBOOT1.ELF
    - SMBOOT2.ELF
    - SMBOOT3.ELF"

So will one ELF file show a list of the games I have or what?
    I am sure I can figure it out after I get my stuff in but I was just wanting a heads up before hand.
    Thanks...

4. goku14

goku14 Guest

CAn i use any network adapter with V-11 ps2?No matter if is NTSC OR PAL

5. ChazB

ChazB Member

There is no such thing as a NTSC or PAL network adaptor. Those are video standards.

6. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I haven't been on here in awhile. I recently got turned onto the HD Advance craze by a friend, so I'm trying to make it happen for my PS2. It is an old (4-5 years) fat chipmodded V4 PS2 with a practically dead laser that reads PS1 games and PS1/2 backups fine, but refuses to read some real official PS2 games. I have a couple of questions:

1. Will opening my PS2 and exposing my modchip to light fry it?

2. Is it worth it to clean / realign my busted laser or should I just buy a new one (are they hard to install)?

3. What is the maximum supported HDD size for HD Advance? (I think it is 200GB, but people have posted saying it works for them with bigger HDDs)

4. Does HD Advance auto shut off the PS2 laser when booting games from the HDD? (Or maybe I should just take the HD Advance disc out after it loads)

5. Where should I buy everything from? (Network Adapter, 200GB Maxtor HDD, HD Advance) Please try to find the best quality for the cheapest price.

6. What is the fastest way to put games onto the HDD not using the PS2 laser?

As always, mad props to everyone here. You guys are modern day heroes to me. If I can get this to work, it will be my ultimate dream and system come true.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  7. xpdamus

xpdamus Member

The American network adapter has a RJ11 modem socket as well as an RJ45 ethernet socket - the network adapter disc which comes with it will be NTSC, so as long as you can boot an NTSC disc, there shouldn't be a problem.

So as you said NTSC and PAL are actually video formats, there is a difference between the American and UK network adapter.

8. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

yes I have a question can I put games on my internal harddrive in my ps2 from my pC thru the network adaptor

ok so I want the games from my pc to the harddrive in my ps2 thanks

9. n00dle916

n00dle916 Member

Very useful info. Dan
    However, I still have some problem...
    I was able to upload the games into my hard drive; however it won't load. I download the HDLoader version 7 (HDLoader 7C - ISO - CD) from the link you posted and burned it to a disc, but the PS2 system will not load the game...When I remove the HDLoader disc from the system then it loads the game; however the screen went blank...it's just a black screen...

So what am I missing here? I appreciated if any1 have any pointer/advices...

Thanks guys

10. gauravraw

gauravraw Member

I have a ps2 SCPH 700006

I wasn't able to find out it's version......

m tryin to use Seagate 40 gb hard drive with HDLoader....it's quite funny..when i connect my hard drive through enclosure to my pc's usb port...it isint visible inside my computer...but the software winhip is detecting it...i copied 3 games on it using winhip....I burned HDLoader's latest version on a CD-r...

Now i connected my hard drive to ps2 and booted the cd...cd boots fine but HDLoader isin't able to detect my hard drive...i have corrected it's errors by connecting it again to winhip but then also HDLoader doesn't detects my hard drive...

i have setted my jumper position to master,well i have tried placing it every position but HDLoader isint able to detect it....

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ answer

11. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

Is this all i need to start playing games from the Hard Drive off my ps2?
    40GB Fujitsu Hard drive
    Network Adaptor
    Going to download the HDLoader from the given site

1) I have a couple questions i checked on the ps2drives.x-pec.com site because i have a Fujitsu 40gig harddrive it said it works for a v3 ps2, but i have a v4 ps2 is the hard drive still compatible with my ps2?

2) If i go to that sksapps site which HDLoader would i need to download?

3) If i download a ps2 torrent from a torrent site how would i get the game onto the hard drive?

Thanks in advance.

12. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

Thanks for answerin my questions

13. socalbum

socalbum Member

i guys i'm a noob at all this i read a lot of the topics but i get comfused from a lot of post well i got the hard drive to work on my pc and now its in my ps2 with a game my question is i have the fat ps2, usb stick, mem card, working HD in the ps2, code breaker 9.3 will i be able to load up the game from the hd with this stuff is so lend me a hand and point me to read the right materials to make this happen or will i have to get other stuff to get this to work ty.

14. jerzmob

jerzmob Guest

where can i contact the people responsible for HDCombo??? i tried their webpage but i am not usre if they have a new one or maybe they don't offer it anymore.

15. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

i dont know if i have another Hard drive slot in my computer but i think i found an IDE cable from a cd drive that i hardly use..should i connect the HD to that or is there another solution?

EDIT: Nevermind i figured out my own question.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  16. davangder

davangder Member

17. HoboZombi

HoboZombi Member

So if I have all of the above, do I still need a network adapter to load games from a hard drive?

18. drkshen

drkshen Member

I had the same problem with my 160GB hard drive at first. It wouldn't detect my Hard drive and I had the jumper set to master as well. I switched to a smaller 20gb hard drive and it worked. I checked that jumper and to my surprise there was none on the 20Gb hard drive. So I took off the jumper for the 160GB hard drive and HD Loader read it. There a quite a few hard drives that you need to do this for so try removing the jumper and see what happens.

And the reason your computer cannot read the PS2 hard drive is because it is not in a format that windows recognizes. Winhiip is a software program that reads the PS2 file format. This is why you can't see it through windows explorer and you can access it through winhiip. HDL_Dumb is also another utility that reads the PS2 HD and for some reason that one seems to work faster than winhiip ... although it doesn't have the functionality and features that winhiip does.

19. drkshen

drkshen Member

If any one here needs help installing or using HD Loader just PM me. Unlike most other people on the forums I'd rather be PMed than look through the forums. So if anyone is haveing any problems with HD Loader/Advance send me a message and I will help you out as much as possible. Also I may take a few days to get back to you because I do get quite a few messages. Also if you would like me to join a discussion thread PM me with the thread and I'll see what I can do to help.

And another thing ... I know HD Loader can in fact load external hard drives because I hooked my friends external up to my PS2 to format it for him. The HD format utility read it to format it and then I loaded up the toxic Version of HD LOader and installed his games to it for him.

20. drkshen

drkshen Member

Yes it is defiantly very laggy. I wouldn't reccomend using an external hd. It doesn't making swapping HD's much easier any ways. Unless you have a computer case that you have to unscrew and disect. But mine you just slide the side off and that's it just hook the HD up to the IDE cable and go.