1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing games from HDD using HDLoader/HDAdvance GUIDE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dan168, Jul 21, 2006.

1. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

what color the back disc of hd loader and hd advance? Because mine cant read blue discs

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  2. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

i cant figure this out for the life of me.

my friend is letting me borrow his network adapter and his HDD which has games he put on there with HDAdvance.. he told me he lost the CD's so i found them online but cant get it to work.. the file has an .iso and a .mds i tried them on separate cds and nothing worked, just said invalid ps2 disk... any ideas?

3. ChazB

ChazB Member

yeah, YOU MUST USE AN ORIGINAL HDLOADER/HDADVANCE DISC UNLESS YOU HAVE A MOD CHIP OR YOU HAVE USED THE INDEPENDENCE EXPLOIT OR SWAP MAGIC

Can't anyone read and comprehend anymore?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  4. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

I have the swapmagic top on my slim ps2.. would I be better off buying a USB external enclosure for my HDD and use USBeXtreme instead of HDAdvance?

5. ChazB

ChazB Member

I don't know much about the slim PS2. I own a fat PS2 with a fliptop I created myself from its original case.

6. Magma7

Magma7 Member

Hello everyone, its my first post here and since i am still a newb this is a newb question :p

I have managed to use hdloader to get my games to play from hdd, my question is, do i have to reset my ps2 each time i want to change the game? Isnt there a way to return to the initial screen?

By the way, i am using a DVD Boot that allows my to browse my files and select hdloader from the HDD. It´s HDD MegaPack BR9, brazilian software. Thanks for the time.

7. goat82_7

goat82_7 Member

Are online games able to play from the hard drive? I want to put black hawk down onto a ps2 hard drive.

Thanks, Nic