1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PS1 ISOs off the PS2 hard drive; possible?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Zamie, Jan 29, 2007.

1. idotv

idotv Member

There are plenty of tutorials around but you have to have a fat PS2
    from what I understand,
    The exploit is sometimes called the Independance Exploit

2. sweet5588

sweet5588 Member

okay,

thanks anyways

3. Rymel

Rymel Member

no one's found a way to access that emulator then? in find that a bit odd especially given the voracity of homebrew coders, especially psp programmers (yea they're different but run similar lines to me). must be a good reason, at least i hope. and i have a modded ps2, and a modded ps1 as well as a custom psp but as i've said further up but that's not the point. if i'm putting ps2 isos on my hdd so i DONT have to use the discs as well as save my laser which is half dead anyway...why would i want to carry a ps2 full of ps2 games, and a bunch of ps1 discs? seems redundant to me, so i'm looking for an answer that doesn't consist of the obvious. which, btw, thanks for pointing out something that was said like, three times in this thread alone and countless other threads. that helped tons.

4. neosabaho

neosabaho Member

It just seems that someone would be able to do this. I mean, there are WAY HARDER things done than this.

Seems like an elf could be made to load iso->with psx emu

And yes, I know, I can't do it either.
    [​IMG]

5. Rymel

Rymel Member

that's what i said. i'd do it myself as someone's definitely gonna say eventually, but i can't code for my life. i prefer hardware.

there's gotta be a good reason it hasn't been done. i mean, if it's built in it should be easy, but it's not done so i'm curious as to why

6. xSiegmund

xSiegmund Member

Or...you can use another way...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/465536

7. Rymel

Rymel Member

apparently nobody here can read english, because you're all posting the same inane garbage. THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO DO IT FROM THE HARD DRIVE YOU TOOLS. NOT how to boot them from disc with OR without a mod chip, which talked about anyway. if i wanted to boot them from disc there's five thousand OTHER posts other noobs like you started cuz they can't use something called the search function OR google. christ almighty.

8. croy00

croy00 Member

Somebody needs a time out.

9. Rymel

Rymel Member

you try sifting through all these pages of the same crap over and over again, find a single thread that you hope will give you something useful, only to get the same crap AGAIN. you'd be annoyed too. and i still have no useful answers.