playstation 2 boot disc!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by phantom31, Nov 6, 2006.

1. phantom31

phantom31 Guest

does anyone know a donload site to get a playstation 2 boot disc, because my friend has a playstation 2 and it only reads compact disc playstation games and it wont read playstation dvd format games. Can someone know where i can get a free download a playstation boot disc rar or zip file with directions document. So I can burn it to cd-r and get my friend's playstation 2 fixed. All its missing is the drivers for it to read dvd format.

Please...

thank you

2. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

You are posting in the wrong topic, and you can't just download a disc and burn it. you need a mod-chip to read any burned software. burning downloaded ps2 software will only get you to the red screen. Also if his ps2 can't read ps2 dvd's, the games might be messed up, or the lens is out of tune or even dying or dirty.

3. phantom31

phantom31 Guest

I will check it when he comes back to my place. I will check the lens. If its not that it might be that the playstation might be missing drivers in the hardware of the system to read dvd format.

4. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

There are no drivers involved with the ps2 all the data is on the ps2 bios, the dvd's firmware cant be messed up cause if it was, it wouldn't read cd's either. in all likely nees your ps2 dvd-rom is either damaged or dirty, maybe on the fritz also. there is a way to adjust how the ps2 reads discs but i wouldn't know how. www.megagames.com has tutorials on such things.

5. phantom31

phantom31 Guest

ok then why does the playstation 2 has a diegnostic option when you boot up the playstation 2.

6. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

thats a built in feature wuth the firmware, the software only changes how the disc is read.

7. phantom31

phantom31 Guest

because this is wierd because my friends ps2 can play my compact color ps2 games, but what the thing is that he tryed a ps2 dvd game and it wouldnt play the dvd ones.

8. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

are they original or back-ups? either way it isnt the drive, seems to be a software issue with the games. the games must be messed up. like a failed burn or a scratch on the retail game. some older ver. of ps2 can't read some newer games.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006