1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 cd list cdr compact disc games PS2 cdr games PS 2 games cd-rom based

Discussion in 'PS2' started by umar323, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Choytooa

Choytooa Guest

If anyone isn't sure if the PAL version of the above games are also CD-based, refer to this site: http://covertarget.com/ct/2/a.html
    It provides you with PS2 covers. All you have to do is click on a back cover and look at the bottom to see if the game is CD or DVD based.
    Hope this helped.
    PS. Anyone know where i can get hold of "Bloody Roar 3" in the UK?

2. Choytooa

Choytooa Guest

Jmoney & cheib, does your copy of 'the sims' work fine? Did u have to patch it or bypass any kind of protection, or did you just do a straight 1:1 copy? Because I'm thinking of backing up 'the sims' which is cd based. (PAL)

3. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

4. Choytooa

Choytooa Guest

Which links are broke? I've not had a broken link on it all the time i have used it?!

5. CHUD

CHUD Member

Is there a list of what games won't work with the flip top lid? I have a backup of Bomberman Jetters and I get the blue border, but the game never loads up.

I'm thinking of getting a Magic 3.1 installed, because it's less hassle and doesn't require any swapping. Would I be able to have a Magic 3.1 and leave on the flip top?

6. cheib

cheib Member

I just did a straight 1:1 copy with Record Now Max and it works fine.

7. umar323

umar323 Member

The Sims is a CD based game. I have copied it onto a cdr and it works fine. Im pretty sure that the magic chip would work with the fliptop cover because the fliptop doesn't affect the circuitry. But you wouldn't need the fliptop. Almost ALL ps2 games work with the swap magic disks if burned correctly and onto the right type of media. Ripped or patched games will NOT work with the fliptop. Hope this answers some questions.

Thanks

8. hammerfan

hammerfan Member

I have checked the ps2 covers website. when i click a cover i get a small box with a red cross in it.

its not letting me see the proper size.

can anyone help?

9. hammerfan

hammerfan Member

Also, if i have a cd based ps2 game, can i burn a copy on my pc onto a cd-r?

Do I need any new kit for my ps2?

Sony have said that cd-r's dont work on the PS2.

10. cheib

cheib Member

Cd'rs do not work on a non-modified system but they work on my fliptop system, I have about 44 games backed up on CDR that were CD based games.

11. Choytooa

Choytooa Guest

hammerfan, i know what u mean when the red cross comes up in the small box. I only provided that site so people can check if the game is CD or DVD based. (look on back cover). So, sorry, can't help u with that.
    PS. Do you think they will go down (W. ham)

12. Choytooa

Choytooa Guest

Does anyone know if i can back up DVD Region X and Action Replay 2 and Gameshark for my PS2? They are cd based and i have my ps2 fitted with the messiah mod.

13. hammerfan

hammerfan Member

Choytooa, I am hoping they dont go down. Want Bolton to go down instead, anyway, thats a footy issue...lol

I was hopeing to use those covers for EasyCD. Think I can by doing a right click and saving the picture as a file. Then importing it into the Jewel Case design.

14. Choytooa

Choytooa Guest

Go For It.
    PS. I'm a leeds fan.

15. hammerfan

hammerfan Member

These cd/dvd/ps2 covers are excellent.

I could never get the hang of scanning them properly, now i dont have to....lol

16. jwitkows

jwitkows Member

Twisted Metal 4 online is also

17. ps2xp2

ps2xp2 Guest

Telescope: you got your ps2 chipped with magic 3.1 for 20 bucks.. Where ???????6

18. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yea get a magic 3.1. I have a v7 ps2 that is modded with a magic 3.6. I sent it to xteammods.com and they proffessionally installed it for a cheap price of only $70 including shipping. the site has very good customer service anfd far is the best mod chip installation service. My burnt copy of marvel vs. capcom 2 on a 80min/700mb cd-r worked great. I used some unbranded discs and some memorex. Also my hp dvd+r of hitman 2 booted right up and worked perfect.
    Also if you want to know which games are cd rom and dvd just look on the back of the case of the game u want to burn. It tells you right there. SO simple. U could also go to ps2 cover site or ebgames.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.