1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 19, 2007.

1. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

hey all, basically if i get any PAL game I can run it fine without ever bricking my wii right? Also what about NTSC games that dont have a patch on them? What should I use generally to block against any bricking?

2. whacker

whacker Member

Can you READ?
    PAL Wii + PAL game = NEVER bricked.
    PAL Wii + NTSC game: make sure you have the latest update and remove the update from the disc.

3. nash279

nash279 Member

can a D2C Wii get bricked too? (with D2CKEY)

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

yes

5. n19htmare

n19htmare Member

Does the NTSC version of SSBB have the new update that may fix previously semi-bricked wii?

6. ltrains

ltrains Member

i just modded my wii, and got the 3.2u and the wiikey 1.9g update.. i burned tons of games, just that wariosmoothmoves, ddr doesn't work. When i start for the game, the screen stays black and freezes. what should i do.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Wrong thread to ask this question. This is a region brick thread and your issue has nothing to do with that.

8. ltrains

ltrains Member

i thought it would be region brick because the games were pal, whats the problem you think it would be. all my other games work except for wario and ddr

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  9. cletoz

cletoz Regular member

I agree these are related. I have the same problem. I have a wii with wiikey 1.9g and 3.2u firmware. I downloaded no more heroes (pal) and patched with regionfrii. It shows it on the disc channel but when I try to play it the screen stays black and freezes.

I also downloaded battalion wars 2 (Pal) wouldn't work so I turned on region free on my chip but it wants to update my 3.2u firmware! I turned off my wii so I didn't risk a brick. Patched game with regionfrii, and brickblocker and now the game wont work at all...

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Those issue are a compatibility issue not a region brick issue. This thread is already cluttered enough we dont need to add issues of region comaptibility and game disc not reading issues.

11. cletoz

cletoz Regular member

Then I will rephrase. Will battalion wars 2 (PAL) actually update my 3.2u firmware?

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Would be something that GBATemp compatibility list should say but it has been down for maintains for a day or so. So I wouldn't be able to tell you if the update would cause a region brick or duplicated channels or not. Heck the game might not even be region compatible for USA Wii systems.

But there is a USA version of battalion wars 2.

13. ali88

ali88 Member

hi,
    I just bought wasabi and i dled several games and i dont remember whether all of them are USA NTSE or not! would i be safe from brick if i always have latest firmware installed and never update with a game ???
    another question: do games with new firmware, update by themselves or they will asks for my prompt?
    so basically brick blocker removes the firmware update from the disc so ppl wont allow firmware update
    TIA,

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  14. cletoz

cletoz Regular member

Dude. If you don't know whether they are pal or not, make sure you don't have regionoveride turned on on your chip. I am not sure if wasabi has that. Then if they are a different region they wont play. On your console. Then use regionfrii to make them for your console. They should play then unless they are asking for an update. If they do then use the brickblocker to take off the update. Its as black and white as that as far as I know. You need to take these steps, you may end up burning a few coasters in the process but it will keep you from making a mistake or messing up your iso with brickblocker which I understand can sometimes happen. either way from now on stick to your region its just the best way to go.

15. sakoon

sakoon Member

cant we use wii freeloader to bypass the game updates as well?

16. sakoon

sakoon Member

i just tried freeloader and it bypassed all the updates on my US games disc (i have a japanese wii). Now i can play all the games without bricking my wii, yay!
    this was the quickest and best solution.

17. nash79

nash79 Regular member

to play backup games, I guess it's safer to use both brickblocker and freeloader systematically.
    Do you think it's the right way to go?
    thanks

18. lumpi27

lumpi27 Member

I semi-bricked my European PAL Wii with SSBB NTSC(U) version. I think the version of my Wii is currently 3.2U (not sure, It could be 3.1U but I cannot access my settings so I cannot tell for sure). Is there a game currently on the market that updates my EU Wii and removes the semi brick?
    Thanks for your help.

19. Guyver521

Guyver521 Guest

Wish I would have seen this thread before I did this .....

Anyway I just semi bricked my NTSC WII with PAL Mario Kart . It works fine & still plays all my games . But I get the opera error when I try to access the settings .

I read I will have to update with a newer firmware than what I used . Since I can't access the settings I have no idea what firmware Mario Kart was ? I tried , Smash Bros, MLB2k8 & others , they don't update again . So I am assuming Mario Kart has a newer firmware then that . Now when Mario Kart NTSC finally comes out will I be able to re-update with that & it will fix the problem ? Or am I going to have to wait for a game to come out later on with a different firmware ?

Thanx in advance

20. kered118

kered118 Regular member

hi, can you tell me what to do to remove disc update?thanks