1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 19, 2007.

1. rickastle

rickastle Member

I've done the same thing, semi-bricked with PAL MK on US Wii. Would the firmware be the same version in MK retail (PAL) as MK retail (US)? (also would 3.3U for example over-write 3.3E?)

2. kered118

kered118 Regular member

Hi, I have a pal console with d2pro and downloaded games which all pal aswell,my question is do I need to use wii blocker to get rid of the updates before burning it?thank you.

ps. sorry for asking this kind of question I'm just a newbie.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There is no excuse if your a newbie or not. The first post explains it all. Can not get much more clearer then what has been posted.

4. Ryuduo

Ryuduo Member

I just want to add that even if you update with NTSC update on an US NTSC Wii, there's always a chance of a semi/complete brick, factors are what chip you're using and/or if Nintendo have developed ways to detect the chip, just because if your using the best chip on the market by no means, gives a 100% guareentee so some decisions/research should be done first before hitting that dreaded 'I accept' button.

Other than that, its the best/safer route to play same region games as the console, but as Nintendos updates roll out, things could get ugly at some point.

5. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

I know the brick thing real well...But unfortunately, I accidentally insert the wrong disc with an update in it because of no name on the disc due to my own fault. Now my wii is back in its old condition, semi-bricked. I am just wondering if there is any game that contain 3.2 J firmware. Mine is the JP Wii and installed with the update 3.1 U from Opooona, the RPG game. Would anybody tell me which game contain the JP update 3.2. As my wii is updated with 3.1 J firmware. Hence, this tells me that even if u have the same firmware as the other region games do. U still have to be cautious and not to install the firmware; otherwise, it will cause semi-bricked.

6. mark457

mark457 Guest

heres one question im sure you have'nt been ask yet "mr guru" how the hell do you get to print posts without having half the "thread" missing? lol (dont really answer that) thanks for the info the other day. by the way all got mario kart(pal) to work (on a ntsc=u)with b.blocker

7. kered118

kered118 Regular member

hi, is the wui.1.1 has the same use with wii brick blocker? which is better?thanks

8. flip114

flip114 Member

Hello,
    I made the stupid mistake of playing a PAL version of Nartuo Clash of the Ninja on my US/Canadian Wii. It did an update and now my Wii is Semi-Bricked (unable to access Wii settings). My Wii was not up to date on all its upgrades from Nintendo as my Wii Wifi is always turned off.

I always stick to NTSC games but didnt notice this one was PAL version. Does anybody know the update it did to my Wii, and which games I can use to un-brick it or solutions to fixing it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

9. Guyver521

Guyver521 Guest

OK , Mario Kart NTSC is out after semi bricking my wii with the PAL version I have waited for the NTSC version . I put the game in & it played fine . No update wanted to run . Anyone know an NTSC game that will actually update the system ? I guess I ran 3.1 E to semi brick it .

10. mand65

mand65 Member

hi mate
    hope you had luck with your prob cos my 9 year old did the same thing with Wii fit (PAL). I tried to load the Mario Kart game to let it update the firmware but even though it said firmware updated, the console remained semi-bricked! I am not sure what else i can do, thinking of upgrading to latest wiikey firmware but that wont un-bricked the console?

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you semi-brick with the latest firmware then you will need to wait till a higher firmware update comes out before possibly reverting the firmware back to normal. So if you semi-bricked with Mario Kart PAL version the NTSC(U) version will check and then skip the update since you are already at the highest firmware from the PAL version. This would be the same for WiiFit as well.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  12. Alluro

Alluro Member

Well my Wii is still semibricked and Mario Kart Wii does not fix it. I have never updated to 3.2 so i'm wondering why Mario Kart did not even prompt me for an update. This is getting frustrating. I'm hoping Wii Fit will allow me to get my settings back. If not, it could be a LONG time, if ever, before it is fixed.

13. mand65

mand65 Member

Hi mate
    thanks for your response, my console (NTSC) got semi-bricked with wii Fit (PAL), not by Mario Kart. I used the Mario Kart (NTSC) to un-brick the console but although the firmware was updated (after two attempts) the console remained semi-bricked :(.

I was wondering if i upgrade the wii firmware to 1.9s (never updated wii firmware b4) would i be able to play the wii fit?
    cheers

14. sayf

sayf Member

Hello,

I've been reading AD for a while, this is my first post. I purchased a ntsc(u) wii with a modchip (don't know the details ATM). I semi-bricked my US wii with Mario Kart PAL. What (if anything) will fix this?

Since I don't have the details of my modchip yet, I dont want to go the SMG route due to the copy protection scheme that exists in that title. (I've read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/597460)

Is there US region game other than SMG that I can use to unbrick my wii?

Thanks in advance...

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You must not have been reading much. This was answered a few post above already.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

17. troutman1

troutman1 Member

HAVE DOWN LOADED LOTS OF GAMES THAT HAVE ASKED FOR UPDATES AND HAD NO PROBLEMS EX FOR 2 NEWS AND WEATHER CHANNELS I LOST THE CONNTACT FOR THE PERSON THAT CHIPED MY WII AM I JUST LUCKY I HAVE NOT BRICKED MY WII DO YOU THINK I SHOULD UP DATE I DON'T KNOW WHAT SPECK I AM. The person that chipped my wii said.
    Direct boot of wii backups
    Direct boot of GC backups
    Direct boot of homebrew in GC mode
    Supports all currently available console/drive versions
    Supports D2B chipsets
    Sophisticated (true) update mechanism via DVD (future proof, expect cool features to come)
    Direct boot of different NTSC region Wii games/backups on US and JAP consoles
    Partial support for NTSC region Wii games/backups on PAL consoles
    Boots different region GC games/backups (partially without swapping)
    Supports multi-disc games for BOTH Wii and Gamecube
    Supports DVD-R / true DVD+R and +RW support (no bitsetting required!)
    Improved readsettings for recordable media
    Built-in audio fix
    Supports fullsize 4GB discs for gamecube homebrew
    Stealth mode
    512 byte EEPROM to store configuration
    Quicksolder interface - no wires required
    Unique disc backup application via sdcard
    Compact design, best quality components, rock solid high speed controller
    Professional ESD packing
    Recovery mode - Can recover from a bad flash.

Will i need to update. And do i downlaod onto a cd or dvd AM I JUST LUCKY 2.

18. diamondba

diamondba Member

I am confused. I have an US NTSC console with 3.2U firmware and 1.9S wiikey. When my son accidentally insert a PAL game, it was still updated by PAL firmware. I thought 3.2U is the latest version and it should not be updated?? Do I understand it wrong?? Now the Wii can play some games but not all. I can not access the setting as it is semi-bricked so I can not check which PAL version firmware it is now. Is there any way that I can check the current firmware without going to setting?

19. mand65

mand65 Member

welcome to the club mate, i know its not the kind of answer u were expecting but i just know what u r going through as my 9 year old did exactly the same :(!
    anyway i am also trying to find the solution but so far only dead end! I even tried to upgrade to latest firmware with mario kart (NTSC) but although the game updated the firmware (NTSC), the console remained semi-bricked. if i find anything i'll let u know, so far the word has it that we must wait for the next Nintendo firmware upgrade :(!

20. diamondba

diamondba Member

Thanks man. Not sure if Kart NTSC comes with new firmware or just 3.1U. I think that 3.2U will not help neither since it is just a 3.2U menu change not really a firmware though. Anyway, I will also keep searching the solution and keep you updated.