1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 19, 2007.

1. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

currently updating from the internet is safe, which is also the most preferred way of updating at the moment. however, some games require previous versions of the firmware to run then u have to get the game from the same region as ur wii to update. for instance, i have a jap wii and okami ntsc-u requires 3.1U_v3 for a wii to run so i have to get the jap mario kart and update with it cuz it has the 3.1J_v3 update i need.

2. Guyver521

Guyver521 Guest

I downloaded this file , unrared it , burned with Nero . Now I'm solid gold . I semi bricked my NTSC Wii with the PAL version of Mario Kart about a month ago . They say if your Wii will read the disc , it will fix it . I still wasn't sure what was going to happen . Threw the disc in , clicked on the disc screen & updated . All my options are back & it works just like it came out the box .

Thanx so much for this post n_ie

3. sharup

sharup Member

hope it works for mine... will try it this weekend... cheers guyver!!!

4. ant1979

ant1979 Member

hi
    i have a jap wii which i have semi bricked with wii fit pal version is there any way of unbricking it at the moment as i have read that if i have bricked it with 3.2 firm ware i will need to wait for nintendo to bring out 3.3 firm ware update
    any help would be very much appreciated and the wii is fitted with a d2c chip
    thanks in advance
    ANT

5. n_ie

n_ie Member

No problem! :D It fixed mine too!! Yeah!!

6. n_ie

n_ie Member

]

Hey! Ant!

Try the link posted above. It worked on mine. But I got semi-bricked by Mario Kart PAL tho.... I have a JAP 3.2J and I have no idea what mod chip I got....;D

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How about reading the guide on page 1. Your answer is in it.

8. sayf

sayf Member

I semi-bricked my NTSCU wii with Mario Kart PAL. Thanks to the AD Forums, I used Bushing's fix discs to 'unbrick' my Wii. (found here. I was able to get back to the settings menu, and my systems shows 3.2u as the firmware version. I still have to get around to doing the homebrew fix to remove the duplicate channels, but whenever I tried to play a backed up copy of Mario Kart or SMG, I get Error #001, unauthorized device detected.

If someone has any experience with this situation, and what can be done to fully restore my Wii to pre-brick condition, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks...

9. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

i dont think the error is a result from the semi-brick of wii, do a search of the 001 error in the mario galaxy post and u will probably found a solution to this problem.

10. Jasonjin

Jasonjin Guest

Just To confirm about Wiiconnect24:
    If I have d2cpro (NOT D2PRO) modchip in my NTSC-U Wii, is it to be fine if I connected to wiiconnect24 all day long? mean it won't brick/semi-brick my wii?

Well, is it brick/semi-brick OCCUR ONLY when we update firmware at other region games?

Thank you.

11. passthru

passthru Member

hey all, I'm fairly new to this as well but something is bugging me about all this region talk and I don't think it's been covered eariler in this thread.

Let's say I have a ntsc-u console and I use regionfrii to change a iso (say MarioKart) from pal to ntsc-u. Would the update in that game (that's been changed with regionfrii) still brick my ntsc-u wii?

thanks for your consideration

12. n_ie

n_ie Member

Yeah. I would think so. Regionfrii just patch the region code so the machine thinks it is the correct region. But I think the update itself is still whatever region it is suppose to be. At least that is what i think.

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Patching region code does not effect the firmware update on the game disc. So the firmware update would still be the original region of the game disc.

14. usclair88

usclair88 Member

Hi,
    I am new and got a modded Japanese wii with 3.1J showed in WII setting. I didn't go through all threads, but from what I read that it is safe to update to lastest version Japanese firmware either via internet or some game discs, regradless what kind of modchip I have. As long as I update or play game within the same region, it won't brick my WII. Am I right?

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Read the guide and past posta this is asked and answered numerous times.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  16. usclair88

usclair88 Member

Hi,

I like to update my WII 3.1J through the internet. My silly question is, does WII know to pick up the correct lastest Japanese firmware? Since I live in U.S. and I am afraid it will pick up U.S. version firmware. My WII is modded to region free. Thanks.

17. Jasonjin

Jasonjin Guest

I'm sry for replay this, but would anyone can answer my question? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This has been answered multiple times through this thread. Read a little to find your answer.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  19. llcooldl

llcooldl Member

I have just read this entire thread from start to finish and the question is not answered specifically and I also want to know this specific question..

Will a D2C2 with D2C2Pro modchip be bricked if I update using the wiiconnect 24?

The reason I ask is that my modchip supplier told me that it would brick my Wii. The suppliers statement contradicts the guide, hence the specific question concerning the model numbers.

Also if you are buying backups rather than creating yourself how can you find out what region they are? Is the only answer to somehow reverse burn them if you see what I mean?

Many thanks
    LL

20. nash79

nash79 Regular member

Why the hell dont u just give the guy a Yes or No answer instead of wasting time to send him elsewhere and getting the discussion, making this thread less user friendly. I cant answer ur question llcooldl cause I have a Pal and live in pal region. But Iam 99.99999% sure the wii will get the right update (i dont see any reason why it wouldnt.