1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 19, 2007.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you think I am not being user friendly then feel free to answer the guys question or make your own guide. Why should anyone give an answer when the answer to both above questions have been answered numerous times in other threads besides this one.

Yeah it would be easier to just answer the question but what will that solve? I spend my own FREE time creating these guides the least users can do is search for the answer.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. gehx

gehx Regular member

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

3. llcooldl

llcooldl Member

Can we suspend the arguments and get back to the point?

Larry I fully appreciate the time you have spent with the guide, I think it is very informative.

If you read my post you will see that I have read every single post in this thread. I have spent a lot of time searching and can't find the answer to my exact question.

If your guide (posted a year ago) is still up to date perhaps you could put an edit in saying something like

"this information is correct as of XX/XX/XX and applies to all mod chips available at this time"

If it said something like that I wouldn't be asking my question.

If it is answered in another thread, I am truly sorry but I can't find it. It seems the only way to actually find the information you want is to read every thread no matter what the title is as threads seem to get hijacked a tremendous number of times in these forums and stray far away from their titles. A real shame considering how many posts and threads there are... hundreds if not thousands of pages!

4. nash79

nash79 Regular member

larrylje,
    with all respect, I am obliged to tell u that I didnt say u were not user friendly, I said " a 20+ page thread is not friendly.
    And as we're still arguing, we still making it even more user unfriendly.

I andersand ur frustration and I agree that sometimes it gets frustrating, but it's equaly frustrating to see some people getting hardly kicked by "cool" members. Noobs dont really have enough knowledge to understand what they read at first, let alone reading 20+ threads full of BS. Believe me that when u give quick pointers to these users, they will have a faster learning curve than having to read all the techs about the wii.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@llcooldl

Again if you took the time to read the guide fully you would have read at the end of the guide...

As well I informed of an update in big bold letters at the beginning of the guide
    and I posted a page ago HERE of the update.

@nash79

The reason there are 20+ pages is do to users asking repetitive questions that have been answered in previous post and other threads.

6. passthru

passthru Member

sorry about this post but I just have to in this case ... it will be my last about this issue.

I have to agree with larrylje on this one. I'm new as well and (hopefully) being of the same mindset as others here (as in likes to tinker with things) there are certain things that don't need clarification for instance when "a" leads to "b" and "b" leads to "c" it stands that "a" also leads to "c" unless there's something specific that might be stipulating otherwise.

larrylje is volunteering his time and as such, we need to volunteer our own time as well (not just reading time but thinking and understanding)

for the quick fixers, just go pay someone to do your mods or pay them for consultations because this place is not for you

sorry to everyone who might be offended by this but I for one appreciate people like larrylje who take the it upon themselves to help the rest of us and I wouldn't like it at all if they stopped helping due to some sillyness (or those who don't care about learning and just want the quick fix)

for anyone who cares, I have read through all the pages of this thread and it's pretty comprehensive (as for as I can tell) just need to read between the lines sometimes and use your own logic as well ... we all like to be spoonfed but that just doesn't happen all the time

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@passthru
    Well said!

Here's the deal members here volunteer their FREE time to help others. If someone can't be bothered even to do a simple search why should someone take their time to help them?
    Everyday this board gets clogged up with repetitive questions & threads which we mods try and close as many as we can but it's not an easy task.

That is too true gehx - it's why some people get ahead in life and others don't.

And on that note - let's keep this thread to the topic not the endless debate of repetitive questions.

8. llcooldl

llcooldl Member

Larry,

That's very helpful. I am going to attempt to read through the lines and guess that the mod chip I purchased last week was released before 20th May and that when you made the last update on the 20th May it wasn't just to correct a typing mistake it was in fact because you knew the information was correct for all mod chips available at that time. But of course I'm just guessing cos no one will give me a straight answer or even suggest to me how I can go about finding the information I am looking for. I am fed up with this site, it's rubish, it's full of so much waffle of people just disrespecting each other and a very unhelpful attitude from everyone!

I think this whole post is excessively long with people slagging people off for asking questions.

I still maintain my questions were not me attempting to be spoon fed, I won't repeat myself read my pass responses about how much time I have spent trying to find the damn answer to my specific question.

I have phd for christ sake, you don't get spoon fed to achieve that! What's with you people, why are you all so unfriendly?!

9. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

This works in PAL Wii's as well, right?
    Do you need a chipped Wii to use the brick-blocker.
    And finally, is it completely safe? Games in the UK is so expensive so I'd like to buy games from China/Japan - will it be completely safe? Sorry if this has been posted anywhere on the thread but I only read the first post so some help will be appreciated thank you.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are you serious?
    I will not be helping you out if all you read was the first post. The other post are there as well to answer your questions. So read them!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  11. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

There are 20 pages in this thread as you can see and of course, nobody can be bothered reading 20 pages of posts. I don't know about you, but I was just hoping for an answer. You could've turned your post to a 'helping post' but instead you tell me to read 20 pages full of posts. I'll read the first page and 2nd page to see if I can find the answer...

EDIT: OK, I found out that this completely stops my Wii from region brick but I still don't know:
    If it works on PAL Wii's.
    Do I need a chipped Wii.
    Maybe I need new specs. Can someone answer my question please? Thank you.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why should I thumb threw the previous pages to direct you to your answer?

I would expect this from a newbie but not a senior member.

Even more surprising coming from a member like you that has contributed allot to the PSP forum. You know how much work is put in making guides and helping others. Then to have them just ignore all the information in the guide and as well past post that have had questions asked and answered.

13. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Well, I would've thought someone would know the answer off by heart - that's how I help people. I only help people if I know the answer. I'm not telling you to go through the thread, I'm asking someone if they can help me. I don't want to start an argument - just want some answers. If you're not willing to help me, that's OK. I'll find the answer - eventually.

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

WiiBrickBlocker works on all region disc.

Yes you need a Modchip to play Backups.

Yes you will need to know what chipset your Wii System has (DMS, D2A, D2B, D2C, D2C2) which the most accurate way to find out is by opening the Wii system and checking the drive board chipset.

15. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Thanks Larry - I actually meant if I needed a chipped Wii to use the Brick Blocker... I take that as a no. You don't need to reply if the answer's no.

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

WiiBrickBlocker is a PC application that patches a game ISO. You do not run WiiBrickBlocker on the Wii itself. So in order to use WiiBrickBlocker you need a ISO backup of the game to patch. You then burn that patched ISO backup to blank media.

In order to play that patched game you would need a Modchip.

17. jdmejiab

jdmejiab Member

Hi everione, first I need to say Thanks for this grat info.

I need to make a question, I real all this guide, but I have a little question, is 100% totally secure play a Pal game in NTSC console???

If I fix or change the region, and run the WiiBrickBlocker to the image, and have the console with the last firmware version?, that is totally secure??? or I have a little chace to brick mi console??

Thanks for the answare

18. kgp968

kgp968 Member

Hi,

I have read that some people have had problems playing import games that have been patched with WiiBrickBlocker on NTSC(U) consoles that have the 3.3u wii system update because apparently the new update can block the trucha (because after patching the iso, the iso gets trucha signed) and hence the backups do not work. I have not experienced this yet because I am still waiting to receive my d2pro 9 wire mod chip with wii clip (completely solderless) in the mail but this is what I've learned from several hours of readings through forums... does anyone know if this is actually the case? If it is, then not using WiiBrickBlocker to patch the iso will leave the update in the iso and therefore pose a risk of bricking my wii, but isos that have been patched won't work with 3.3u update, so would it be possible to downgrade back to 3.2u update?

Thanks very much in advance for any help at all

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

WiiBrickBlocker does not use the Trucha Exploit. I have numerous Games patched before and after 3.3U update and they all work perfectly fine.

More then likely they are using a region patcher to patch the game and this is what is causing the issue.

20. kgp968

kgp968 Member

Thank you for your help larrylje.

From your post I'm assuming that you have a modded wii with the 3.3u update and are having no problems whatsoever? Also, if I mod my d2c2 wii with a d2pro 9 wire solderless, since it is updateable via DVD, will I always be able to use my wii, or do you expect that eventually a wii system update will brick modded wiis? (i plan to completely avoid bricking by following your guide and only playing NTSC(U) games on my NTSC(U) console.

Thanks again.