1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 19, 2007.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes I have 3.3U ARGON 1.8 and all backups work perfectly fine.

I doubt Nintendo would intentionally brick systems that are modded via firmware update. However they can make it a pain by trying to block them from working.

In most cases if they do release a firmware update that blocks backups from working an updated firmware should be released soon after for your Modchip.

When new firmware comes out you should always wait till you hear of reports saying if it is safe to update or not.

2. kgp968

kgp968 Member

ok, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

3. forummail

forummail Member

Hi, i am new in here.. i read the guide, but i have a small question (might be stupid).. how can i know which region is my wii?.. i cannot access the wii setting cuz my wii is semi-bricked and i want to download the ISO fix, but i am not sure which one is the right for me..

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What country did you buy it in?

5. forummail

forummail Member

i bought it from the Middle East (UAE), but they usually import those consoles from everywhere and yes it was modded when i bought it (Not sure which chip was used).

is there a way to figure out the region from the serial number, or any code on the console itself?

The model No. is RVL-001(USA)... i dont know if this info would help.

thanks..:)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Look at the serial number.

PAL
    LEH = Europe
    LAH = Australia

NTSC(U) USA
    LU

NTSC(J) Japan
    LJH

7. forummail

forummail Member

My serial number starts with LU.. so i guess it is NTSC(U) USA,
    thanks man..

Do u have an updateed link for ths USA ISO fix cuz the one mention in the beginning of the post does not work?

and is there a way to figure out which mod-chip is used in the console without opening it up?

sorry for the trouble

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use this link HERE for the USA fix.

As for the Modchip the only way would be opening it up. Other then that it would be guess work and there are allot of Modchips out there.

9. forummail

forummail Member

Thanks a million...

downloading the USA ISO Fix.. right now :D

10. PokerPete

PokerPete Member

hiya everybody
    i have alrealy have a chipped wii. which is working 10/10 with the help of this site. but now i need another one, has anybody got a site that is selling chipped wii's and is realible

11. pzzled

pzzled Member

the title says region brick. so does that mean there are different types of ways you can brick your wii?
    if so, what are they?

sorry, but im new to this, and its quite confusing.
    ;)

12. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

You brick the wii by running an update from a game of a different region as the wii.

Thats it.

Its also reparable by running a later update from a game of the proper region, or by using one of the brick-fixing homebrew programs that are now emerging.

13. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

hello every 1 .... i have been reading the thread and i dont know if this topic was covered but i have just bought a wii and am getting familiar with the modding and playing of backup games. i have finally downloaded my first wii iso and its zelda twilight princess. in the description its was NTSC and when i open the file in wii brick blocker and read the info its labeled NTSC (E) .... now im curious if that is the same as NTSC (U)? when i ran the wii brick blocker on the ISO it took 10 seconds to complete... i thought maybe once an iso has been patched with the wii blocker it changed the label code. if any 1 has any ideas please let me know. by the way great info and great links!

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

That is normal for NTSC(U=USA) versions.

WiiBrickBlocker always displays the region the game disc originally was in. Even after patching the game it still gives the same original region.

If you have an NTSC(U) Wii and a NTSC(U) game then no need to patch the ISO.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  15. halremawa

halremawa Member

yosh, hopefully someone is still there
    hello everyone. i live faaar away and have a horrible connection. my wii is japanese. i downloaded zelda(after about a month), but i guess it is a pal version. the game loads it but once it starts the screen goes all black. i got super smash bros, i guess it updated the firmware and there are no problems so it was an american ntsc. ssbb works but does not play movies. i have noo way updating my wii. my question is, if i use freeloader, is there a chance of zelda working or is ssbb update going to block freeloader. i ask just to make sure it's not faulty burning that's the problem. also very good thread here, nice work

16. wiibb

wiibb Member

PLZ HELP!!!
    i bought a chipped japanese wii last week and it's semi-bricked as i can't go to the setting menu. i tried to download the semi-brick fix disc (JAP).
    however, i manage to download it but when it comes to uncompressing it uncompressed it untill 99% then an error messages popped out.
    is there any other SOLUTION i can fix my semi brick wii???
    which new game has a software update???
    pls help!!! thank u in advance

17. rdz

rdz Member

i have a japan wii which is semi bricked does anyone have the iso file that can unbrick my wii? does it matter if i don't know what mod chip i have?

18. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

how did u brick it?

19. Asidic

Asidic Member

Hi, I have been looking through forums for months and I cannot, for the life of me, find a single table that lists games with firmware updates included, and which firmware update they include. I am trying to find a way to unbrick my NTSC-U wii from an accidental 3.2J update - I just need to find out what games have the 3.3U update included. Could anyone please help me out with this?

20. Bulsteruk

Bulsteruk Member

Hi read thru all the threads and could not see an answer to this questions which is a more related to the software.

I Have downloaded and installed wii brick and set up went well. Ran the program and as it says 30 secs removed the update so that’s good.

Problem.

now after running that patch on the game iso it was burned as i have done with many of my back ups.

The games shows in the window when you click in to that window so you see that game you click start game or go back to the wii menu.

When the start is clicked the screen goes blank for ever and hangs and just stays like that. DVDs not spinning nothing. wii. remote goes dead and i have to take out the power cable and re start the whole console again.

1st i thought it might be that i rburned the games at 8x on dvd+r so then tried it at 4x on a DVD-r neither of the games worked fully just crashed after pressing the start option.

This the first time I’ve used this wii bick software. Ive normally just located the games as iso and burned them. On oboth DVD +/-R and work fine.but more and more games are coming with the update ( NEED FOR SPEED UNDERCOVER in question.) and this is not right to crash when you see the tile screen.

So any helps as to why this is happening - ??

I have a Pal Wii in UK - using the wii clip 2008 v3c www.wii-clip.com.

Repeat: only having problems playing the games after its been striped of the update. Games show in tiled window but does not play fully just crashes.

Thanks. Guys ..

top site.