1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 19, 2007.

1. FS9

FS9 Member

OK can i just get some confirmation please?

I have a Pal Wii, so i only play Pal games burnt onto dvd-r to be safe?

Should i still run brickblocker on the pal game burnt to disc or will it all work fine?

Chhers!

2. FS9

FS9 Member

Sorry to post again, i have decided im gonna run brickblocker on a pal ISO even though i have a Pal wii.

However when trying to patch the .iso all i get is an error message saying...

Patch.ISO doesn't exist.

Can anyone help me out with this error please? I cant find the answer on these forums im afraid.

3. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

no no no ... only run wii brick blocker on out of region games .... sometimes you need the update to play the game so if u take that update out the game will become unplayable... keep and update ur wii with pal games update.... never update with an out of region game cuz it could brick your system... another tool is wiiregion free this is to change the region code .... thats all i know ... i had close to 100 wii games and got from wiiiso.com and didnt have a bricked wii... if you ask me wii is no fun unless you are a kid ... i sold mine and got a 360 :) ... hope i helped

4. FS9

FS9 Member

Yes thats quite helpfull but i would still like to know the cause of the error on wiibrickblocker as i never know if in the future i will have an out of region game.

I want to get it working properly.

5. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

i think maybe it the image .... does it do this for all out of region games? or just out of region games ?

6. FS9

FS9 Member

Its the first one i have tried. I dont currently have any other .iso files i can try im afraid.

7. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

dont be scared lol , and get wii region frii .. i think that is how its spelt ... it will tell you what region code the game is originally from ... like i said dont be scared to update with games that are from your region... with the new wii updates like 3.4 i figured it would only be a matter of time before i would lose functionality of my wii so i quit. with 3.4 they blocked home brew channel ... what i found worked was getting the original game and get the update from that then use your downloaded copy wich will not require the update .. this worked for me with mario karts , i rented a copy did the update and then was able to play my downloaded copy which did not work before i got the update :)

8. afulle03

afulle03 Member

Ok I have never had this issue before until I got my backup of Need For Speed Undercover USA and my wii is a USA wii, When I put the game in and start it up it says "Initiating a Wii System Update" "click ok" if you click ok the next screen says "If you do not want to accept this upgrade, you can shut down your wii console and cancel the upgrade. IF YOUR WII CONSOLE HAS AN UNAUTHORIZED TECHNICAL MODIFICATION, this upgrade could cause INOPERABILITY of your console.
    So should I accept and let it update my wii, or not I am afraid it will mess up my mod chip that's inside the wii.... I don't know what to do, I used the Wii Brick Blocker but then the when u put the game in and start it the screen just goes blank and the remote cuts off and it does nothing.....
    So Help please,

9. Gavpo

Gavpo Member

Hi ours is an english (pal) wii and i let it do the update and didnt change the image at all and it worked fine. (wiiclip+d2sun)

10. afulle03

afulle03 Member

anyone else done on the usa wii's help...

11. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

Try to install starfall to block the system update. You will brick your Wii if the system update has a different region or if you are using HBC hack it will remove your hack.

12. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Fiber, please learn what you're talking about. Updates DO NOT effect the homebrew channel.

I just had to correct you in another thread as well where you linked to a guide that contradicted what you were saying.

13. thehopper

thehopper Member

Gday guys...i have a PAL wii with D2CKEY , and i just downloaded MADWORLD (PAL)..it came out at 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes), so no probs there..i burnt it on VERBATIM DVD-R,...BUT WII SYSTEM UPDATE came up..i hurriedly hit the eject button....will this brick my wii?? I tried WII BrickBlocker,burnt again, this time the game loaded up WITHOUT the update screen..but when i clicked to start the game, it froze..SO, CAN i update my wii with MADWORLD with no probs? or do i use a different brickblocker?? Cheers

14. Gavpo

Gavpo Member

Hi we have the same chip as yours ina uk pal wii and had to do the update for mario power tennis. I risked updating it and all is fine so i would say go for it...but of course it is at your own risk

Gav

15. persian23

persian23 Member

How can you know what kind of wii you have?
    I live in the USA so i beleive i have NTSC?
    But i didnt know there was NTSC(U) and NTSC(J).
    whenever i see torrents of games and stuff i just see NTSC or PAL, i dont think i ever saw anyone specifying if it was NTSC(U) or NTSC(J).
    So can anyone tell me how i can know what kind of wii I have.
    Thanks in advance.
    Also, how do people get ISOs of games? do they just torrent them from like mininova or something?

16. Bulsteruk

Bulsteruk Member

I have a D2CKEY Sun key and after reading around i found that you CAN run the update -

My Wii is in the Kids room. Wireless switched off. Over the weekend i collated some games - Mario Tennis - New Sonic - Ben 10 - need for Speed and all had an update - Ran all of them and all the games worked fine.

I safe bet to say if you have a D2CKEY its ok to run the update.

17. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

ALL updates are safe for ALL modchips. So long as your games are the same region as your wii there is zero chance of bricking the console.

18. Quant7

Quant7 Member

The new DriveKey mod has a built-in feature to block out-of-region updates. Is brick-blocker necessary with these mod-chips?

19. kgp968

kgp968 Member

I just wanted to say that I have a d2 pro 9 wire mod chip with wii clip and I did the update for madworld without any problems.

20. DSWarrior

DSWarrior Member

I just dropped by to say THANKS! This "guide" is very useful and informative. Thanks for the great work!