1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use updated guide HERE.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. whompus

whompus Active member

Nice... Short, Sweet, And to the point. It just works.

I was reading through the guide in the sticky for a while and decided to just break down and order a pre modded drive to put in the wii.

Even me as a grandpaw got this working in a couple minutes with this walk through.

3. sechrest

sechrest Member

Yeah it me again....I got the homebrew channel on my wii but theres nothing on the channel. I have went to the website and downloaded the apps package onto my SD card but still nothing even shows up on the SD tab in saved data. help?

4. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Homebrew channel apps each go in a folder in the apps folder that goes in the root of the SD card. When you load the homebrew channel thats where it looks for the apps. If you downloaded the file included with the guide you should have that folder and a couple apps already.

Nothing will show up on the SD tab of the saved data menu aside from the twilight hack. Thats normal, the only things that will appear in there are official wii data, which homebrew apps are not.

5. sechrest

sechrest Member

Oh. Well the only 2 apps that were on the homebrew channel were 2 backup apps.

6. remcob

remcob Guest

Hi there if got a wii firmware 3.3e can you tell me. do i need to downgrade this or not?
    And wat save file do i need to use with the pal zelda?
    The rzdp?

Thanks already for replying

7. hangon

hangon Member

I have wii 3.3u and how do I find out in Wii console what is the firmware date as you mentioned about like "October 23rd" ? Do I have to follow the unblock procedure from gbatemp ?

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Read the guide. All questions are answered in it.

There is really no way of knowing unless you have updated after OCT 23rd via Internet or a newer release game that possibly could have the update. If you have 3.3 firmware then all you can do is follow the guide. If you have error messages when installing the cIOS then you probably have the newer OCT 23rd update that blocks wad/cIOS from being installed. If this is the case follow the other guide I provided a link to above and unblock the limitation.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  9. serafin11

serafin11 Member

Hi
    My firmware is v3.3e, is this the Oct 23rd one you are talking about?

Thanks

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

READ MY PREVIOUS POST ABOVE YOURS!!!!!

I hope I don't get these redundant questions asked all the time.

11. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Great guide, this worked the first time i tried it. Thanks for the guide!

I put apps in it like DVDx, gc-linux, regionfree, scummvm, tetris, wii64, dvddumper, smsplus, wadmanager1.3, mplayer, but not sure what they all do. lol.

12. vxwq

vxwq Member

I have Version 3.1, and i dont know how to upgrade to 3.2/3.3. I know i could go find a game... I cant upgrade online cause it will upgrade to 3.4. Do i do the same steps as the downgrading guide? I also heard about AnyRegion Changer, but im not 100% sure how to use it and if thats what i need. You did said anything below 3.3 will also work. What version do u recommend? I will look up guides, i just want to know what firmware u recommend and what program i should use to upgrade it.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Either find a game that will upgrade to 3.2 or 3.3 or update via Internet to 3.4 and follow the guide I have linked to fix the limitation that 3.4 puts in place. Either way you will pretty much be able to install the cIOS and other WAD files and homebrew.

14. keninho83

keninho83 Member

Hi guys. Thanks for the tutorial however i cant seem to get the file to download (The one under zelda twilight princess). When the file comes to download, it comes up saying that there arent any mirrors. Do you have another link for the hbc+wiigator files?

Thanks in advance

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The file is downloading perfectly fine here. Try again.

16. joemets

joemets Member

I had firmware 3.3 and downgraded to 3.2u. After doing this it worked for 2 days and now I'm getting a DVD read error (349). Also, when I went to play some games I previously had, it said I needed to upgrade or I couldn't play them, but then said that if I did the upgrade and had modified any of the software on my system, doing the upgrade could be harmful. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Read the previous post. I said you could upgrade to 3.4 firmware. Then use the guide above that I provided to fix the limitation 3.4 places on the ii (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNGRADE).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  18. joemets

joemets Member

Thanks for your response. I understand that I didn't have to downgrade but I did before I read this. My question is, how do I upgrade now? Can I use a new game and use the upgrade off of that? When I go to do that, it has a message that warns about modified wii's and how this update could brick the system. Thanks in advance.

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How many times do I have to say you can upgrade via game disc or Internet. Do you think I would tell you to update if it was going to cause issues? Just remember if you update to 3.4 you will have to follow the above linked guide again to fix the limitation it puts in place.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  20. joemets

joemets Member

Thanks, I just wanted to be extra sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.