1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigYeti

BigYeti Member

This forum is really long. I read a few pages but haven't found an answer. I get the #002 error. I have a version 3.1U with Wiigator Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3 and all my backups worked fine until I hit Punch-Out. That's when I first see this #002 error. With the few pages I read, I have to update the cios, mios. It says the fix is for 4.0. What I want to know is can I update the cios and backup launcher and STILL KEEP 3.1U? I truely do not want to update the firmware at all unless it's absolutely neccesary. Just a simple yes you can keep it, or no, you need to update to 4.0 to fix the #002 error.

2. Dewdunk

Dewdunk Member

4) On the Wii, launch the Homebrew Channel and select CMDVDX34, then pick "Downgrade IOS35", wait for it to end and come back to the menu, then exit.

does doing this circumvent actually using cmdvdx34?
    because everytime i try to run it. it acts like i have no internet connection. net_init failed: -116

3. sycotroop

sycotroop Member

OK, I may have messed up. I already had Homebrew up and running with the 3.4U firmware. But the Backup Launcher wouldn't read my disk. So I searched and to my understanding it was because the cIOS I was using was outdated or something, The Homebrew channel said it was cIOS51. So I found this guide which said I needed to upgrade to 4.0 through the Nintendo servers, which I did. Now my problem is Homebrew doesn't work anymore. When I click on it it brings up the first screen asking if you want to start or go back to the menu. I start but then the screen just goes blank. The Wiimote turns off and it does nothing. So did I do a boo boo in updating? or do I just need to reinstall everything via bannerbomb and bootmii? Any help would be great.

4. techker

techker Member

is there any updates for lu64 4.ou yet?

i got homebrew working but it is the rest that does not work..

5. brent76

brent76 Member

Need Help
    Im trying to figure out exactly what i have to do to copy wii games. Could some1 talk to me like im a 3rd grader and give me the steps on exactly what i need to do.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go to the top of the forum and click on the link "Nintendo wii - general discussion"

Now look at the top of the Wii Forum that are stickied that say...

"HOW TO backup Wii and GC Games (Better Guide) UPDATE!" Which is by the way in big bold letters.

7. brent76

brent76 Member

It says it takes 2.5 hours for wii games. There has to be a quicker way. It only takes 1 hour for xbox 360 games for me.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The only quicker way would be ripping the game via a USB Loader to a WBFS partitioned USB Device. Then connect the USB Loader to PC and use an application like WBFS Manager to extract the game from the USB device.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  9. brent76

brent76 Member

For the xbox 360 all you needed was a drive to read the game. Then you copy it to your computer. Then you burn it to a dual layer and you have your game. All i needed was a drive that read the games and a program. Thats it. Takes 1 hour for a game. There has to be a way like this for wii.

10. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

He just told you the fastest way there is! If you get the drive that reads the discs it takes about 3 hrs. If you use the usb loader setup it takes 5min to half an hour to rip it to the usb drive and about 20 minutes to rip to pc. Then the image just needs burned. That's about the best option there is for the wii.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It should only take you a few minutes to extract the file from the drive. So 5 to 30 minutes riping to USB device (WBFS formated) and a few minutes extracting it from the USB Device to PC.

So listen or don't listen. You have already been told what the quickest way would be. Using the special drive to rip the game can take up to 3 to 5 hours. Using WiFi should be 1 1/2 to 3 hours. Using the USB Loader option should take you less then an hour.

If you still think your smarter then us then find a way to do it faster and prove us wrong. But saying there has to be a way dosen't;t automatically mean there is a way.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  12. fraudster

fraudster Member

i am positive some one has already asked this question so please just bear with me. i have the dvd backup laucher problem. the error 324. i downgraded my wii to 3.3U and i got the ios249 and my disk was burned on a memorex dvd-r at 4x speed so can you please tell me what im doing wrong. i have been going at this for a week now and im getting frustrated.

13. uk83

uk83 Member

Hi

Thanks for this awesome guide. I'm a newbie and it has all worked for me. My wii was purchsed new 2 weeks ago.

I am now playing games through the USB launcher, however i have an original copy of Grand Slam Tennis. When i try to play this it says it needs to install a software update.

If i install this update fron the disc will it affect the softmods (from this thread) i have done to my wii?

Your help is appreciated

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.