1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

Outstanding!!! Worked correctly on the first time! Thanks much, and thanks for the great guides!

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Great info to know as all of the info I have accumulated said absolutely nothing about only working on a specific FW for a LU64.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  3. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well i don't know what else to do....I have done Internet test connection on the Wii dash multiple times and every time it connects wirelessly without a problem, and I can see the Wii connected in my router config browser. However, whenever I try to launch that first step, nothing ever happens.

HBC is installed, and so is Backup Launcher, but nothing happens at all when I put a game in and try to load it using Backup Launcher. It just sits there at the black screen with BACKUP LAUNCHER GAMMA at the top and a little green and white gator icon in the lower left. Sigh....4.0 is supposed to be easier to hack but its been anything but easy for me so far. I did 3.4 and 3.2 Wiis without problems....go figure....

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  4. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

This is gonna sound like some lame tech support waste of time, but humor me, give it a shot. Go into your wii settings and clear the settings for your wireless internet connection. Then go over to your router and turn it all the way off. Find your WEP# listed on the router, and write it down. Turn your router back on and head over to the wii again. Give your router a few minutes to reset and reconnect then manually set up a new wireless connection on the wii. Make sure you put in the wep number when setting up the connection. Upon completion the setup will run a test and you should come up fine. Then, WITHOUT TURNING OFF THE WII, go back to the wii menu, and try installing the files thru wifi again.

I know it sounds rediculous, but I have a crummy router and it seems to help when this happens to me. Good luck!

5. homebroob

homebroob Member

ok, before i start, i did read both this guide and the linked page but seeing as they dont match my particular scenario at all; and im very carfeul with my wii (i dont have the money for another!)i thought id ask a couple of questions. Thanks in advance

Ok so heres the facts: ive got system menu 4.0E and the homebrew channel very recently installed with bannerbomb (so i guess i dont have an LU46 or whatever it is). NO MOD CHIP.So far ive only got emulators and hb games but i figure this is worth a shot. Yesterday i put the launcher 0.3 gamma on the HBC and it came with a cios installer i havent clicked on yet. So far, i have not had anything to do withdowngrader (nor do i want to) or changed any cios

SO, which steps should i skip? do i need to clear everything on the sd? Can someone please tell me whether to use the packed in cios installer or list exactly the cios's i need to find(ill find the links) for: the launcher, wii backups, gamecube backups and wiiware games? And, how to install them - as in explain how to use wad manager if i need to use it and how safe it is? thanks a lot

NOTE: i dont really want too many channels, besides the launcher is there any others or is running evrything in the HBC alrite?

6. darowin

darowin Member

ok heres where im at.

1. bought a new wii at lauch day( not lu64+) and updated over time all the way to 4.0u (US)

2. yesterday i ran bannerbomb to get homebrew channel working and dvdx. tried to run a vc wad and got ret -2011 so i used this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

3. while doing this guide i installed all the ios(except ios35 + with trucha) and channels and went with system 4.0 again. i did flub the install at first by not installing the ios60 when it came to it so when it got to the system menu 4.0 i unplugged my wii before it could install. i redid the step 6 so get me back to the ios installs but i skipped all but the ios60 and menu 4.0 this time around.

(note: i did let it download a little of the 4.0 system on the flubbed install thats why i unplugged my wii before it installed so it wouldnt brick my system)

4. it worked. i could now install and enjoy my vc .wad. my wii still says 4.0u in the wii settings and i have system menu 4.

5. i have now did this guide http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ultimate+softmod+wii&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

6. so what do i need to do to get my to the end state of this guide or am i screwed? any help would be great.

edit: btw im still trying to wrap my head around all of this so if the answer is obvious please forgive me.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  7. bowser123

bowser123 Member

do i need homebrew already installed?because i acceidenally updated my wii before i installed homebrew so can i still do it.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@homebroob

If you do not have LU64 or LU65 then follow the guide as is (LU64 and LU65 will be the first few # of your serial tag on the Wii).

@darowin

Your links do not work. As well you used a diffrent guide other then this guide so maybe you should start a new thread or post in the guides you have already used.

@bowser123

Read the guide. Does it say you need Homebrew Channel already installed?

9. tgellert

tgellert Member

larrylje,

Thanks for the great guide. My system was working great. However the HBC asked if I want to run an update from 1.01 to 1.03 (or something like that) and after updating this my HBC is completely empty (just bubbles). I was wondering if there is a way to completely undo everything and start over from scratch. Forgive me if i am asking stupid questions but I am relatively new to hacking the wii. I have not found anyone that has this issue in any of the threads.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

10. tgellert

tgellert Member

BTW - I followed your guide and did all the extra steps you posted).

11. tgellert

tgellert Member

MMMMmm....This is another dumb question....Do the apps only load off of an SD card? Maybe everything is OK and I just don't know it. I feel confused and dumb.

-Tom

12. rptonISPW

rptonISPW Guest

THIS METHOD IS WAY MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE ONE I FOUND!!!! If you are having difficulties with this method, I have created a seperate thread explaing, why this is harder/ providing you an easier/ safer method!!! Bannerbomb is the key word. Dont fall for this "BS"...there is a much safer and more efficent one down the block

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/774794

This installer requires only one file and gets you Homebrew Channel, DVDx, and BootMii in less than 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Forget about Dark Alex/ZodTTD/Waionoko! There's a new revolution in town and its called ISPW!!!!!!

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What a joke!

I thought your thread was supposed to explain why your method is better and safer then mine. You don't explain crap. How do you expect anyone to install the HBC when you only have linked to bannerbomb and an old version at that.

Also this guide installs more then just the Homebrew Channel. It softmods your system so you can play backups via backup launcher or USB Loader. As well patches all IOS to unblock limitations that Nintendo has placed on them.

Try a little harder next time when you try to outdo someone.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  14. amast

amast Member

Hi Larry,
    Need your help.I had just downloaded my deadly creatures NTSC-usa region.When I load in my wii 4.0J with willkey1,It will load but it hang at the chapter one of the game.I had burned the twice with 4x and 2x.I believe I had finised the softmod and I had load in the ios53 and ios 54 wad file.I tried my old backup game it still work.
    Pls help what i had go wrong with my installation.I can't play most of the new game.

thanks

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The Import Compatibility list which you can find HERE. Says it is partially working. That usually means it works some what but locks up at some point.

16. homebroob

homebroob Member

ok ill follow the guide, i just need one or two things cleared up:

the backup launcher gamma comes with its own cios installer .dol - if i click on that with HBC will that install the launcher fine (on menu 4.0)? about this cios 7, do i need it first or just go straight to v10?

also, do i have to get the loadmii app on HBC and use it(as i already have the HBC working) or will the HBC do the exact same thing? If i dont, where does the wad manager come into it?

and finally, from that guide you linked to; i already have the HBC installed so which steps exactly do i need to do to only get the launcher working - do i still need the ios35 downgrader?

thanks

17. amast

amast Member

Hi Larry ,
    I followed your link,I found this
    Deadly Creatures (WiiSOS) Tested on 3.2j with Wiikey 1.9g, WBB. wiifrii .Does this mean it able to work on 3.2J with willkey.That mean the deadly creature I downloaded is different from the above stated.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is highlighted in blue. Which means partially working. Same still goes to what i said above.

19. eekie

eekie Member

Hi Larry,

This guide seems to be exactly what I've been looking for, I just have a few questions...

My wii is serial #LU59 and I am on 3.4U... I already have HBC 1.0.1 installed via the TP hack 3.4, should I delete the HBC and start fresh with the new 1.0.2 version?

Also, I attempted installing cIOS36 rev9 installer before I knew it wouldn't install on 3.4U. I got the "Installing Ticket... ERROR (ret = -2011)". I'm wondering if anything actually installs or does it completely abort the installation? Would this complicate things if I update to 4.0 via Nintendo for the guide or should I softmod my 3.4U with the IOS16 guide and then attempt the alternate guide?

For my last question, I would only like to install cIOS36 rev9 with USB Loader GX, do I just omit installing BUL3g.wad and then move right down to the USB Loader GX guide?

Thank a million in advance

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I would update to 4.0 and follow the complete steps. Since you have the HBC already skip the HBC.wad and skip BUL3g.wad if your only going to use the USB Loader GX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.