1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxtavexx

xxtavexx Guest

Hey guys...my wii is fresh 4.0
    If i follow ALL of these steps, will i be able to run my backups?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No this is a guide on how to launch your Wii into space.

Do I really have to give you an answer to this question?

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  3. xxtavexx

xxtavexx Guest

Maybe it could only run homebrew..or gb backups...its a question, answer it or dont be an bumhole

4. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

I believe the problem is that if you'd actually read the ENTIRE guide completely you'd have found your own answer. Which is "yes" follow every single step exactly as written and you'll be able to play backups. Good luck.

5. amast

amast Member

Hi Larry,
    Is there antway to make this game work?I check the list U stated above that there are no deadly creatures(PAL) yet to Japan wii.
    thanks

6. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

LMAO!!! Loved Larrys answer!!

Yes this wonderful guide that larry has put together (which he doesnt get paid for doing) does indeed allow you to play backups of wii games, GC games and allows you to play wii games off of a HDD.

7. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

Larry are you sure you aren't House MD or something?

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Larry is correct you don't have a guide, no additional information and it only does some things of which you don't explain how to do it...not to mention you spammed/tried to hijack Larry's thread inapproriately. This is your only warning & if you do it again you will be temp banned for it.

9. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

Looks like the days of cIOS36 are over. Rev 12 is a custom 38.

Of course it's impossible to get to Waninkoko's site at a time like this.

And with support for LU64? Wow, this deserves it's own thread. I just won't be the one to create it.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Installed cIOS38_rev12 and at first it wouldn't recognize my USB Device. I transfered it to the other slot and everything then worked.

Give me some time to update the guide with the new version.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The guide has now been updated with cIOS38_rev12 and USB Loader GX revision 433.

If you have already used this guide to softmod your system and want to update the cIOS and USB Loader GX then do the below steps.

Download and extract the updated SoftmodPack on the first page.

Drag the cIOS38_rev12 folder to the apps folder on the SD card (to install the new version follow the cIOS38_rev12 section of the guide on the first page).

Drag the usbloader folder to the apps folder on the SD Card (if it ask to overwrite which it should choose yes). Check out the new carousel option in this revision. I think it is pretty cool.

I can verify that the Wii USB hardware device issue has been resolved. I tested HSM with the USB mic and it worked. Unfortunately I do not have any Guitar Hero Instruments so I can not test that out.

12. ashai196

ashai196 Member

Hi all,

I have a 4.0e Wii, that I brought off a friend.
    We were thinking about modding it with a hardmod, but then we found this guide :)

I found it to be fantastic to follow, except, with using the downgrader35 or whatever it is called, (one of the first steps), it never tried to connect to the internet. Then it froze and I rebooted and it said it had already been ran.
    So, thinking it had worked, I followed the rest of the guide, totally oblivious to the fact that the downgrade was the most crucial part.

So, when I ran Gator, it never tried to boot the game once

Then, I came across a thread in demonoid called Wii 4.0 Softmod preloader CIOSCORP HBC

Im not sure if i can give the direct link here, because it links to the wad torrents, so just check it out yourselves.

But, I found that when I used the guide on that page, in conjunction with the rev12 on this page, it all worked flawlessly, and needless to say, I was very relieved when my backed up games finally worked!

So thank you, larrylje, for all of the hard work put into this guide,
    I appreciate it :)

Regards
    April

13. jcee2k5

jcee2k5 Member

I managed to make a working backup of one of my Wii games, Mario Kart. I ripped the Wii game & ISO was correct size on my computer. I did the same with a GC game, but it's not working properly & giving me an error message during gameplay.

I burned Mario Baseball for the GC, it starts, we pick our players, but as soon as the game goes to start in the first inning, it just gives me an error message & cuts off to a black screen with the "error" message.

Wii game works perfectly.

Any ideas what can it be?

14. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

Have you checked the compatability list to see if it is supposed to work or not?

15. motleydud

motleydud Member

thanks for the guide larry - i followed it to install hb channel on my friends wii and it worked fine :)

i was wondering however if i would be able to install it on my wii (i have a D2C chip in it)

if so would i just use the guide as if it was a virgin wii as it has never had a soft mod before?

thanks again for taking the time to create the guide.

regards

mot

16. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

I agree, the carousel view is fantastical! It's like a cover jukebox on my wii! Thanks for the update and the ever evolving guide!

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  17. gersrt

gersrt Member

Larry thanks for guide.

2 quick questions before I start

1. If I update my wii today online, are they still at firmware 4.0, it hasn't jumped to 4.1 or something????
    2. I have a wiikey alrady installed in one of my wii's, its 1.9s. Will upgrading to firmware 4.0 fook things up.

Cheers

18. Gamorrah

Gamorrah Member

If you read up about cioscorp a bit more I bet you won't be so keen. Plus that guy ran the IOS35 downgrader without wifi.

19. teegale

teegale Member

A quick question...

1. Is there anyway to set the Backup Launcher to automatically launch the game once "Start" is clicked, instead of having to hit "Launch Game" afterward.

I'm not using USB Loader, and am burning the games to play.

20. amast

amast Member

Hi Larry,
    I manage to run the usb loader and play the game like wii sport ,I tried my deadly creature is still having the same problem hang at chapter 1 thru usb drive.Maybe I have a bad ISO.
    By the way how to add the game cover for usb loader.I wanna if I load my iso through usb loader is that mean the backup iso that I downloaded NTSC(USA) game cannot play on my japan wii.Is there anyway to change the ISO region then play it by usb loader.
    But one thing is sure that using usb loader the game will not lag.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.