1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamorrah

Gamorrah Member

2. Midget010

Midget010 Member

I tried to run the guide to install the Backup Launcher, but when I run DowngraderIOS35.dol it doesn't connect to the internet like the video shows. What am I doing wrong?

3. Gamorrah

Gamorrah Member

If you notice, the video's network connection at that point fails. The guy just proceeds with the guide without downloading any files. I've followed this guide 10 times now, modding friend's and family's wiis, did 2 or 3 before I realised IOS35 downgrade needed wifi (i.e. logged into your home router). However, those wiis still function without any issues. You are probably getting that message that says you've already run the downgrader....just carry on with rest of guide.

4. Midget010

Midget010 Member

Oh ok, I'll try doing it again.

5. eekie

eekie Member

Just to clear things up, do you need wifi for IOS35 downgrader with wiiconnect24 on or off? Or does it matter at all?

Thanks

6. Midget010

Midget010 Member

I finished the rest of the guide, but when I load the backup launcher channel, it doesn't come up with a menu. Have I done something wrong?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@jcee2k5

If your having an issue with a particular game working I would prefer you start a new thread for help. I don't want this thread to be a "game issue" thread.

@motleydud

This Softmod will not effect your Modchip. So just use the guide as is.

@gersrt

The latest update is still 4.0 firmware.

As I said above to motleydud This Softmod will not effect your Modchip. So just use the guide as is.

@amast

As I said to jcee2k5 If your having an issue with a particular game working I would prefer you start a new thread for help. I don't want this thread to be a "game issue" thread.

You will more then likely get the same Import compatibility issues with the USB Loader/Backup launcher as you would with a Modchip. If you have further questions about game issues please start a new thread.

@all that are asking about WiFi.

As far as I know you need WiFi so you can connect to the Wii servers and download the proper files needed. If your WiFi is not working then start a new thread and ask for help. All I can do is tell you is you need a WiFi connection. If you don't have Internet access then read the Wii manual or search on how to make a WiFi connection.

8. Gamorrah

Gamorrah Member

Sorry Larry if I'm spreading disinformation about the wifi issue. It's just that I've come across this a fair bit. Obviously you need wifi for the IOS35 downgrade as files are downloaded. Like I said, I accidentally did this part without wifi and had no adverse effects. Another time I realised I'd done it without wifi, tried to do it again with wifi to be told I'd already run downgrader. The video runs it without wifi, the Demonoid torrent uploader ran it without, just wanted to draw peoples' attention to the fact. That's my last word on the subject....lol

9. SS92

SS92 Member

Hi
    First i just onea say Thanks!!!!

Last of all, WHERE TO GET WBFS Manager 3.0.1 FOR 32-BIT SYSTEM??? i have a 31 bit system!!! and vista)

Thanks alot!!
    Peace man

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Click on the WBFS Manager 3.0.1 link on the first page.

When the pther page comes up click on the WBFSManager 3.0.1 RTW x86 link to download the 32-bit version.

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  11. SS92

SS92 Member

Thanks!!!!!!! alot!!!!
    Peace Man
    (It would be good if you include this in the thread)
    Thanks again!!!

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is included in the link.

13. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

Larry..... I downloaded the cios38_rev12installer.dol file. so i create a folder in my apps folder named cios rev 12 then put the file i downloaded in there and rename it boot.dol correct?

14. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

also does usb loader gx have to be installed as a forwarder or can i install it as a wad using wani's wad manager 1.3? I just updated my wii to 4.0 using your link (originally modded on 3.4) and everything went well. I installed the ios60 wad and then did the system update. Now im trying to get cios rev 12 along with the new usb loader gx. Thanks larry

BTW what state are you in??

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have the forwarder included because USB Loader GX update like 1 or 2 times week. So it is easier to just use a forwarder that will launch whatever application is in the usbloader folder.

As for cIOS38_rev12 you can do what you said above or download the SoftmodPack which the cIOS38_rev12 is included.

16. eekie

eekie Member

Hi Larry,

I followed your guide and everything went very smooth until I attempted running the IOS Downgrader. I mostly had "successful" and "ok" installs but there were a few errors... Is this normal? Has anyone else had errors running the IOS Downgrader?

My errors were:
    Right away I had "IOS11... ERROR! (ret = -1)"
    Everything else installing ok until the end when I got these other two "content #11... ERROR! (ret = -1)" and right below "Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1017)"

What should I do? Everything seems to be working fine though...

Thanks

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If everything is working finr then don't worry about it.

18. Freitag

Freitag Member

Plz help?!?

for some reason whenever i load the wii backup channel the .3gamma title appeats and the little green icon in the bottoom left corner show up but, none of the "launch game" or other options come up.

nothing to push and i must turn off power.

plz help.

19. amast

amast Member

Hi Larry,
    I just want to check backup gamma had the feature to force NTSC.How about usb loader,is there any way to force the pal iso to ntsc iso when I load my game through usb drive.I had try wiifrii 2.3b but I cannot find the commom key .May I know where can common key ?

Thanks

20. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

You can force region in the settings menu, once you have unlocked the USB Loader, Password: ab121b.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.