1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarry33

scarry33 Member

Serial is LU63

2. scarry33

scarry33 Member

Has anything been changed in IOS35 or IOS36 that will mess things up? Can I undo what has been done?

3. Mcfly1968

Mcfly1968 Member

Sorry about the picture size, don't know how to resize them to be honest, I can't edit my psot either now. I'll ask in the USB LOADER GX THREAD as I have another problem ;)

4. disneyfan

disneyfan Member

hoping someone will be able to help me as im really new to all this. ive followed the excellent guide posted and i'm having problems,
    on neogamma r6 i dont know what settings to do as theres lots of them, when i boot dvd-r backups it gives me a little information, the screen then goes black for a few seconds, then flashes green and boots to the homepage,I google'd the problem before i came on here and i can't find a solution.
    I'm really stuck now guys any help would be great, please explain to me in layments terms as im not tech minded..lol
    fingers crossed someone will be able to explain what im doing wrong,

5. truehv

truehv Member

Thanks a lot larrylje for the effort you are doing here, Actually every time I search using google for a problem I have with my new WII, I found the answer in your threads.

As I saw a lot of fighting here about the bad & repaeated questions, i tried my best to go over the most of this thread (& also using google) before asking any question, however it seems like I am still away from understanding all the terms mentioned here.

Anyway, 2 months ago I got my new KOREAN wii & it is allready softmod, the system settings screen shows u4.1, however when i try to use the shop channel, I was asked to update & when I tried to update I got the error code 32017. as I could understand the offline update available here is not for the Koreann wii.

I wish to have an answer (no mockery please)

6. TheRaven1

TheRaven1 Member

Hey Larrylje,

Thanks for the thread, I have a refurb LU63 model Wii and read all 40 odd pages here just to feel comfortable with trying this, I am a bit of a noob, I followed your walkthrough step by step doing everything word for word and have had no problems (touch wood) since I did it over the weekend. I have tried it with burnt and downloaded games and works fabulously.

Just one question I using usb loader gx to burn copies of the games i have to my usb, does backup loader burn games also or is it merely a playback device??

Thanks again.

7. scoops01

scoops01 Member

@ larrylje

I constantly check the forum to see if i can help or see if any changes have been made to the tutorial.

1 thing i have found is that rev13b is (in my opinion) better than rev 14 on the cios. the reason is i have a few singing games and have had to stay on rev 8 to use the mic but this doesn't allow for usb loaders so i moved to rev14 which allows usb loaders but won't allow mic's. Upon googling the problem i discovered that 13b allows both usb loaders and microphones.

Hope this doesn't come across as me trying to be a dick.

just this forum has been a bible to me for over 4 years and just want to repay a little.

Hope this helps anybody

Scoops01gk

8. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

For playing back up gamecube games you need a game cube memory card and conrtoler is this correct.

Does any one know a good place to d/l box art for the games that arnt on the network yet like rockband country and guitarhero world tour.

9. scoops01

scoops01 Member

10. brptdoc1

brptdoc1 Member

oops i said covers, i meant the 3d box art for the usb loader. so does anyone have a good side to d/l some individaul 3d box art for the wii..

11. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

for wii sports resort on neogamma r6 easy guide worked for me The Easy Way (not tested, but reported working)

Burn the game to a DISC (USB Loading will not work yet)
    Load Neogamma R6 while holding 1
    Go to "Config Options"

Set "Alternate dol" to DISC
    Set "002 Fix" to YES
    And set "Save Config" to YES

Then load the game
    While the game is loading, you should see some black-and-white words on the screen
    Keep pressing Right on the D-Pad until you see "player.dol" and press A

Watch the Wii Motion Plus video (you must watch the whole thing)
    At the end, press A, and turn off your Wii and then turn it back on

Load up Neogamma while holding 1 and go to "Config Options"
    Set "Alternate dol" to OFF

Now the game will boot fine using Neogamma!

If that didn't work, try the other method

The Hard Way

Load the WSR ISO in WiiScrubber and navigate to partition1/sys/mpls_movie/
    Right click and Extract "player.dol"
    Rename it RZTE.dol (for USA) or RZTJ.dol (For Japanese) or RZTP.dol (For PAL)

Important: MAKE SURE YOU USE THE DOL FILE FROM YOUR OWN ISO FILE, DO NOT OBTAIN IT FROM OTHER SOURCES, OR ELSE IT WILL NOT WORK!

Make a new folder on the root of your SD card called NEOGAMMA
    Then put the .dol file into it

Load up Neogamma R6 while holding 1
    Go to "Config Options"
    Then turn "002 Fix" to YES and "Alternate dol" to SD using the d-pad
    Then set "Save Config" to YES

Burn the game to a DISC (USB Loader will not work yet)
    Load up the game and watch the movie (you must watch the whole thing)
    At the end, press A and your Wii will restart

Then go back into Neogamma while holding 1 and go to Config options
    Turn "Alternate dol" to OFF

Boot up the game, and it'll work just fine!!

USB Loaders:

To load the game from a USB drive
    , boot up the game from a disc and create a save file. Then USB loading will work like normal (make sure the 002 fix is enabled on your loader)

12. truehv

truehv Member

It seems like no one have an answer or even read my request ^=^

13. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

try starting here http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=of...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a after the 4.1u the u usually is a denote of where the console is from, im in uk i have 4.1e u is for the states

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  14. montecito

montecito Member

I have a question.

How can I go about using a hard drive for my games? Instead of wasting DVD's and burning each game, I'd like to put the ISO files inside an external hard drive and run it.

How do I get the Wii to detect this, and how will I load the games from there?

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How about reading the guide and find out.

16. montecito

montecito Member

Haha, sorry, I didn't know it had it's own thread listed at the bottom. Thanks though!

17. swallman

swallman Member

OK, I've gone through all of the steps and everything seems good. Only issue I now have is that Wii Fit (original DVD) wants to install an update. What happens if I let it ? Any chance of bricking, etc. ?

18. boyintl

boyintl Member

Don't know what to tell you mate.. I had an LU64 wii and it froze ALOT with the softmods.. until i finally bricked it.. nintendo sent me a different one, and I haven't had the same trouble with it.. I have LU90 now.. only issue I have is when I click on the SD button from homescreen.. it will freeze there.

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure if you used Bannerbomb that you deleted it. This can cause the SD card button to freeze.

20. boyintl

boyintl Member

I completely cleared the SD card when I was done.. pretty sure I reformatted it.

Edit.. Also, maybe you can answer me this.. I did have the LU64+ wii. The mods, are they not guaranteed for any serial number above LU64 (like LU90) or just the Serials in the LU64 series? I am still kind of confused on this.. not that it really matters as I bricked it anyway and nintendo sent me a different one.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.