1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@hottoni

Follow the guide from the start. Don't skip anything.

2. domoku

domoku Member

Hey larry, I recently completed your new and improved softmod guide with success. I haven't done this guide yet, but do I really need to go through all those anyregionchanger/preloader steps, all i want to do is play games from the wii menu? I never did the IOS Downgradger step on ur other guide, but can I just install Ciscorp without doing the other steps? I dont really want to install preloader or regionchanger. But if all i need to do is install preloader then ciscorp then thats fine with me. I also installed bootmii and did a nand backup, and im currently playing all my games through neogamma, i dont have hdd connected.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you really think I would add all these steps in this guide if all you had to do was install cIOSCorp?

As I said in my other guide and in this guide FOLLOW THE STEPS TO THE LETTER! Do not skip any step. They are all there for a reason!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  4. Gh0ce

Gh0ce Member

if cIOScorp is installed, then bootmii won't work. So, if you want to install bootmii, then you need to get rid of cIOScorp. My advice on how to do this: use NUS downloader to grab 4.1 and pop it into a wad then use wad manager to reinstall 4.1 then install bootmii then install cIOScorp.
    Or (the easier and safer way) follow this guide beginning to end. Each step is in there for a reason...

5. domoku

domoku Member

Alright I decided to do the whole guide, by I'm already having problems, when I load anyregionchanger I get the same error this guy gets here
    http://www.wiihacks.com/customization-apps/20898-any-region-changer.html
    I can keep continuing but I was eventually led to the regionchanger settings and I didnt see an option to install it, so I just quit. Any solutions?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try running IOS Downgrader first since you skipped that part of the softmod guide. Again skipping a step that should have been done.

Also make sure you run IOS Downgrader again on STEP 3 do not skip that part.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  7. Gh0ce

Gh0ce Member

Just a guess, but that sounds like a system menu version mismatch... I would grab the wad for your current system menu (using NUS downloader) and then install that (using wad manager) and see if that solves your issues. If you got bootmii as a boot2, I would do a NAND backup first in case things go badly...
    I would make sure to put bootmii on and do a NAND backup so that you can recover from a bad hack just to be safe...

8. domoku

domoku Member

Yeah it said something about mismatch at the top of the settings in regionchanger. I already backed up my nand, what does installing my system menu as a wad do? Also can I just take the official 4.1 update and use NUS to turn that into a wad?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you run IOS Downgrader first then try the Any Region Changer?

10. domoku

domoku Member

Yeah it worked haha, thanks bro.

EDIT: Just finished the guide, everything went well, thanks agian man!

11. domoku

domoku Member

I got one last question larry, would it be safe to install cMIOS_rev3 again for gamecube support? I installed it before I did this guide, and my burned multidisc gamecube game seemed to work fine in the neogamma loader using some of the region settings in the loader. But after doing this guide my burned gamecube disc wont load anymore even running it with region settings found in the neogamma loader. I dont have any other gamecube backups to try, so the problem may lie in the multidisc, but I wanna take the chance to install cMIOS_rev3 again.

Also, do you know a way to copy wii games saves from the sd to the wii. I tried using the neogamma rebooter with Remove Copy Flags enabled, but it gives me an error and I have to shut the wii off. I really a brawl gave save, because I accidently deleted mine yesterday.

12. softty

softty Member

just a quick question i thought this made your wii region free done two ntsc games and both dont work only pal ?

also notice that after i followed the guide that i was running 4.1e but notice it had gone back to 3.2e so stupid as i must be updated and had to go all over it again as no games would run

13. Happyflm

Happyflm Member

First, thank you for spending the time and effor to put up this guide.
    However, my wii now no longer play any backup discs and the original discs. I have no idea what went wrong.

Here is what happened:

My wii was orginally hard modded. I was able to play backup game disc, and the original discs. However I couldn't play the latest backup games, such as the My Fitness Cardio Workout game.
    The game would load into a black screen.
    So, I figured, may be I need to update the firmware, (which I shouldn't have done!!!!) I have updated it with 4.1u through the Wii Setting.
    I was able to play the backed up Cardio workout game right after I have updated the firmware. However, as soon as I rebooted the system, I coudln't play any backup discs.

That is why I have tried the Softmod guide that you have linked and then your guide.

I have followed all steps, and they all proceded successfully.
    But I still can't load game discs. I put the disc in, and went on the Disc Channel, and it say something like unable to regconize or load the disc.

Please help. I didn't encounter any problems in the guide, and all steps passed as expected.
    That is why I don't know where it went wrong?????

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes you can run cMIOS_rev3 again.

Your post makes no sense so I am not even going to attempt to help you.

If everything installed propelry as you claim then I don't know what to tell you. Try doing this guide again.

15. Happyflm

Happyflm Member

Okay, I will try it again tonight. But I have went through this guide three times already.

The fact that it doesn't run original games disc anymore got me very frustrated.

Do you think that because my wii was hard modded previously caused conflict with this guide? But I again, all steps in this guide went successfully.

16. softty

softty Member

got pal machine did this mod to launch games from disc channel thought it also makes it region free burnt ntsc games both ntsc games dont work why

17. domoku

domoku Member

Have you tried formatting your Wii first before doing the guides?

18. Happyflm

Happyflm Member

No, I haven't try to reformat my wii. Do I need to do that?
    How do I do that?

So, after I reformat the wii, I will have to go through the Softmod guide, and then this Launch Backup Games From Disc Channel guide?

Thank you for your help and suggestions.
    Any help will be great, since my wii can't play anything.

19. Gh0ce

Gh0ce Member

Try the anyregionchanger to drop your wii down to 3.2 and see if you can run original games (following this guide...) or use NUS Downloader to grab an official 4.1 wad (presuming that you are running 4.1 as per the instructions in this guide) and install it with WAD manager. Then try running official games (ie non-burned games) and see if they work. If they do, then follow this guide (starting with a 4.1 wii).
    Also, are you running a LU64+ wii? If so, you will not be able to run backups from the disk channel.

20. stanleyla

stanleyla Member

hi larrylge it stanley my wii is working great thank for ur guide and other thing i want to know if delete everything expect the bootmii on my sd and want to backup nand on my friend virgin wii before i start the virgin guide will i brick my my friend wii or i have to start the virgin guide first.. please help me on this issue..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.